Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Samus-Style Arm Cannon

Ashbourne

I was joking around in council chat earlier that I wanted "Justin Bailey" to unlock a swimsuit outfit for Ember when an idea struck me. On the topic of Justin Bailey, what if we had a weapon resembling that of Samus or Megaman?

I propose a new primary weapon that fires laser bursts like the Dera or Supra from an arm-mounted cannon. To differentiate itself and to add some variety to the primary weapon pool, I would suggest that the weapon use shotgun ammunition and fire relatively large powerful bursts of energy instead of the smaller, faster shots of the Dera or Supra.

The weapon itself would completely enclose the wrist and hand of the Tenno operating it. This raises the question of how said Tenno would then switch to a secondary or melee weapon. To solve this issue, the weapon could extend and retract from a large bracelet worn around the forearm. Upon activating your secondary or using your melee weapon, the cannon would retract, extending again upon completion of melee or switching back to your primary.

As for the actual stats of the weapon, well I would leave that up to the capable hands of the devs and suggestions from the players and the design council.

Please do leave your thoughts or suggestions!

It sounds like a good idea. but every tenno has their own arms so it would clip oddly sometimes if you ask me.  wrist/arm mounted weapons face that problem here. like Excal with his arm fins or mag with her wrist/arm sciccor thingy

I figured this would be an issue as far as art and animation is concerned. Perhaps it could sit in a particular spot on the wrist depending on the frame equipping it?

can we also get a charge setting, holding down the mouse button to fire a single shot round that would throw out all the plasma bolts?

I was thinking something along these lines as well, perhaps the charged shot would empty the entire clip (or at least use up extra ammo) but either increase damage, eliminate distance falloff, or even add innate puncture to a certain distance.