The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feelings Towards Ember Prime

W4RM4CHIN3

Okay, I keep seeing random people state this, yet they never actually reveal how she's "supposed to be played" when her powers are a direct contrast to her stats.

So, enlighten us. And if you say anything about forma'ing her, then your statement is null and void.

Most people only use the 3rd ability which is why i stated that. Forma or not, Ember is still powerful. I honestly haven't noticed the difference in overheat since they supposedly nerfed it. And as for WoF It seems to do the same damage as it always did.

I am not saying Embers perfect, i am simply stating that there are far weaker warframes out there than ember and if anything they need to fix those ones first.

Okay, I keep seeing random people state this, yet they never actually reveal how she's "supposed to be played" when her powers are a direct contrast to her stats.

So, enlighten us. And if you say anything about forma'ing her, then your statement is null and void.

Keep moving.

That is all.

Im serious.

You don't need to Forma her, but you do need to potato her. Bring Streamline, Stretch, Continuity, Constitution, Focus, Redirection and maybe switch out Fireball for Flow. Bring Energy Siphon for an aura, and Carrier for a Sentinel (to grab energy orbs). With that setup, she can have Overheat and WoF active for most of the mission without having any energy trouble.

Vs Corpus she simply needs to activate WoF and focus on picking off enemies that WoF isn't currently burning. Even on Pluto, most Corpus go down within 3 ticks of damage, with Moa's and Ospreys generally going down in 2. Ember can pretty much be in a near permanent state of WoF because of its long duration and the reduced casting cost from Streamline.

Vs Infested WoF is a little less useful due to Ancient's resistance to fire damage, but it still works on taking out the small fry while you focus on the Ancients. However Overheat + a good melee weapon will make short work of both Ancients and light infested, even on higher level missions. Fire Blast is also pretty effective, but you need to basically corral the enemies into it. Both Overheat and Fire Blast ignore armor, so they work pretty well vs Ancients so long as you can keep them within the AoE. Toxic Ancients are the only problem for Ember in Infested missions due to their poison AoE limiting what she can do, and she should focus on killing those with her guns ASAP.

Vs Grineer Ember honestly has a hard time, and usually it isn't even worth her using WoF. Instead she should remain in a near permanent state of Overheat and try to close the distance with them. If she can get into a cluster of Grineer, she will want to pop out a Fire Blast or two to get them taking armor ignoring DoT damage as well as cause them to go into the fire panic animation.

In defense missions Ember can spam Fire Blast on choke points, which could CC enemies due to the fire panic animation. However I don't usually take Ember on defense missions.

People complain about Ember Prime because they don't actually know how to play Ember.

Ember is still amazing even if its "nerfed" or "broken", you guys may just be using the wrong mod set up because it destroys anything and everything whenever i am using it.

Looking forward to it.

Umm no. She's broken, you want a challenge play Loki.

You don't need to Forma her, but you do need to potato her. Bring Streamline, Stretch, Continuity, Constitution, Focus, Redirection and maybe switch out Fireball for Flow. Bring Energy Siphon for an aura, and Carrier for a Sentinel (to grab energy orbs). With that setup, she can have Overheat and WoF active for most of the mission without having any energy trouble.

Vs Corpus she simply needs to activate WoF and focus on picking off enemies that WoF isn't currently burning. Even on Pluto, most Corpus go down within 3 ticks of damage, with Moa's and Ospreys generally going down in 2. Ember can pretty much be in a near permanent state of WoF because of its long duration and the reduced casting cost from Streamline.

Vs Infested WoF is a little less useful due to Ancient's resistance to fire damage, but it still works on taking out the small fry while you focus on the Ancients. However Overheat + a good melee weapon will make short work of both Ancients and light infested, even on higher level missions. Fire Blast is also pretty effective, but you need to basically corral the enemies into it. Both Overheat and Fire Blast ignore armor, so they work pretty well vs Ancients so long as you can keep them within the AoE. Toxic Ancients are the only problem for Ember in Infested missions due to their poison AoE limiting what she can do, and she should focus on killing those with her guns ASAP.

Vs Grineer Ember honestly has a hard time, and usually it isn't even worth her using WoF. Instead she should remain in a near permanent state of Overheat and try to close the distance with them. If she can get into a cluster of Grineer, she will want to pop out a Fire Blast or two to get them taking armor ignoring DoT damage as well as cause them to go into the fire panic animation.

In defense missions Ember can spam Fire Blast on choke points, which could CC enemies due to the fire panic animation. However I don't usually take Ember on defense missions.

I pretty much do all of this already. The problem lies with the simple fact that other warframes do her job better without having to use a particular assortment of mods. And even in doing it this way, she's still one of the weaker frames available. Trust me, I'm a huge Ember advocate, but she needs to be looked at again. And she's not the only frame that needs another look.