Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Railjack "dust" not animating properly

(NSW)ohgodzilla

When Railjack pieces are being repaired in the Drydock, there is a particle effect on the parts meant to simulate dust falling off them. 

On PC it looks fantastic, but on Switch it doesn't really look like a particle effect at all. It just looks like shimmering boxes which I don't think is intentional. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-12-21 at 11:16 AM, [DE]JoshB said:

I wonder if this is related to our cubemap issue. Thanks for the report! I'll take a look

Hey Josh, I was watching some more videos which showed the effect on the PC version, and I think that I might have been a bit hasty in reporting this as a bug. I must have mis-remembered how it looked from past streams, but I don't think there is actually an issue with the effect now that I'm comparing more closely. 

Sorry to waste your time!

On 2020-01-03 at 3:20 PM, (NSW)ohgodzilla said:

Hey Josh, I was watching some more videos which showed the effect on the PC version, and I think that I might have been a bit hasty in reporting this as a bug. I must have mis-remembered how it looked from past streams, but I don't think there is actually an issue with the effect now that I'm comparing more closely. 

Sorry to waste your time!

Thanks for the digging and follow-up, appreciate it :)

• Like 1