Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Remember Exteel

Seraph117

Because I sure as heck do. I was foolish and gave myself nostalgia feels by doing a you tube search

Yes Exteel was good stuff. Firefall reminds me of Exteel... Obviously FF is a much larger and involved project. Must be the jet packs.

Have you tried Hawken? It looks good but it didn't keep my attention like Warframe.

Edited by RawGritz

My god, this game basically got me into PC gaming.  500 hours logged in about a year of playing it.  Made some good friends off of it back in the day.  

I had way too much fun with that game.  Arguably the most fun I've ever had exploring maps and messing around with friends, dueling, etc.  I heard they're making an Exteel 2 however.  

My god, this game basically got me into PC gaming.  500 hours logged in about a year of playing it.  Made some good friends off of it back in the day.  

I had way too much fun with that game.  Arguably the most fun I've ever had exploring maps and messing around with friends, dueling, etc.  I heard they're making an Exteel 2 however.  

One would certainly hope so, but with NCsoft it's always hard to tell when they're lying to you. I was part of a community that was attempting to rebuild the game with custom net code and no cash store, but we got cease and desisted once we started to really get underway. That forum has since gone dark and I've kinda lost hope for seeing eXteel revived. Maybe I'll still be alive when it's copyright becomes public domain or something.

EDIT: JRMC, that gif encapsulates my very soul every time I watch video of exteel being played.

Edited by Seraph117

I used to play quite a few NC Soft games before they met their tragic fate. I do still miss Exteel, Tabula Rasa, CoX, and to a smaller extent auto assault (wasn't that fond of it but it was a cool concept). I could see the reasons behind closing some of them, but Tabula Rasa was ended through a terrible legal trick and CoX was just surprising given its state of development.

Other games have been closed and saw some fan based resurrections (SWG is a big one) but NC Soft totally buries their titles under C&Ds when they close them with zero chance of purchase from outsiders, so we'll never see them again... 

Ah Exteel.

I enjoyed the game so much that it dropped me from an all-A student to A-B-C-sometimes D-even F's students.

Warframe is the only game that satisfies the craving.

Dude... Don't tell me you was like me, 

I feel you bro.

Exteel i liked that. tried Hawken but when i found out it was pvp only. i gave it a shot (even though im somewhat a pvp hater. Hehehe) it was a bit fun when when you play casualy you pretty much cant even get a single kill cause of your low mech low weapons no boosts etc.  I got tired of it after being hated on for using the TOW missle often. I mean come on it was my only secondary weapon :D

Yes, unfortunately.

Refresh my memory.

It was a terrible F2P Armored Core ripoff.

Sort of pay-to-win. Overall who didn't like the first Gundam knockoff game???

It wasn't a Gundam knockoff and even if it was it wouldn't have been the dozenth, much less the first.

Edited by Lachryphage