Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get The Burston Vandal?

RX-74

It's a Tenno design, right?

I don't think anyone is quite sure of that. And the exact definition of what something needs to be a vandal is a bit odd. Nonetheless, if it doesn't fit in established special edition categories, they'll just make one for it, ala Strun Wraith.

I don't think anyone is quite sure of that. And the exact definition of what something needs to be a vandal is a bit odd. Nonetheless, if it doesn't fit in established special edition categories, they'll just make one for it, ala Strun Wraith.

I tried to clarify this with a few people a while ago.

A Corpus designed weapon becomes a Vandal

A Tenno Designed weapon becomes a Prime

A Grineer designed weapon becomes a Wraith

The Braton and Lato are exceptions to this as they are the original weapons for Warframe, and so got special treatment, but this does not mean we will be getting a Braton and Lato Wraith.

The Braton and Lato are exceptions to this as they are the original weapons for Warframe, and so got special treatment, but this does not mean we will be getting a Braton and Lato Wraith.

Then what's the explanation for the boar prime? It seems to be nothing more then a modified strun which would still classify it as a grineer weapon and i have not seen any information stating that it's a tenno made weapon, come to think of it i haven't seen any information on where derived from period.

Edited by itsJustThomasHD

Vandal weapons seems to be both Corpus except for the Lato. Flavor text says that they're just Lotus-customised weapons, so anything that the Lotus (organisation/cartel) can get their hands on, that's what they'll trick out. If the reason why the Corpus calls Lotus faction 'traitors' is that they defected, then all corpus/corpus-made weapons are good candidates for Vandalising since that's the tech that the defectors will be most familiar with.

Prime weapons are not the Primed version of current guns, but current guns are low-grade reproductions of it. For lore reasons, Original=/=Upgraded.

Current technology is based on Orokin tech, so any current guns could have a Prime somewhere. Tenno weapons are more likely to get Primes because the Tenno recreated those weapons first. They know what it was from experience, they didn't need to figure out which part goes where and does what.

Wraith has too little weapon pool to even determine what the common-theme would be, if any. Flavor text just says "A different take on a familiar shotgun, the STRUN WRAITH features unique styling". Any 'familiar weapons' could possibly be a candidate for Wraith-ing, but what does that entail? Old credit-available weapons? That only leaves the Mk-I Braton, Braton, and Aklato.

Then could the Burston be an old Corpus design before they made the switch to energy weapons?

So does anyone here want the Burston Vandal?

And the Vandal version should have increased accuracy and decreased recoil, imo.

Damage should stay the same and hopefully the clip size wont get decreased if the devs decides to put it into the game.

Edited by RX-74

Nope it was in the grineer hands as a placeholder until they got hind.

Not to mention, The Strun (And Boar/ Prime for that matter) are Tenno weapons, both have the stylised 'Tenno' script on their stocks. I'm not sure why the Grineer are still using the Strun as a placeholder weapon when they have the Sobek, which was supposed to replace the Strun (Even odder, only the Settlement Troopers have them.), but the point still stands.  

Edited by H3_Cupcake

Their models were originally the same that the Corpus used though.

Nope it was in the grineer hands as a placeholder until they got hind.

The Hind seems to be Grineers version of the Burston but it fires five-shot bursts when the Burston fires three-shot bursts and the Hind has more ammo in it's magazine.

Then what's the explanation for the boar prime? It seems to be nothing more then a modified strun which would still classify it as a grineer weapon and i have not seen any information stating that it's a tenno made weapon, come to think of it i haven't seen any information on where derived from period.

The boar was never used by the Grineer, or Corpus. I read a while ago that it was a Tenno weapon.

Also, lets take a look.

Snipetron is a Corpus weapon and became a Vandal.

Strun is a deffinite Grineer weapon, so became a Wraith.

The Latron, Lato, Paris, Bronco, Skana, Dakra, Orthos, Fang and Reaper are all deffinite Tenno weapons. Thus by using this theory, the Boar is also one. Lets not forget not a single Grineer unit uses the Boar, and never has.

Also, here is the ingame description of the Boar Prime. "One of the first examples of Tenno craftsmanship, the BOAR PRIME offers a higher rate of fire and clip size with a slight decrease in damage per shot."

Yes, of TENNO craftsmanship. Remember the Primes were supposed to come first, so saying the Boar is a Grineer weapon or Grineer based, is completely false.

This is not logical from a lore standpoint. The Prime is the original, so it can be whatever it pleases, even if there is no regular version. Who says the Corpus or Grineer can't base their technology off Orokin things? Especially since they have clear access to it.

Edited by Rhorge

This is not logical from a lore standpoint. The Prime is the original, so it can be whatever it pleases, even if there is no regular version. Who says the Corpus or Grineer can't base their technology off Orokin things? Especially since they have clear access to it.

Orokin design = Prime    (Orokin weapons and warframes are old... centuries old or maybe even one thousand years old)

Corpus design improved by Tenno = Vandal

Grineer design improved by Tenno = Wraith

This is as I understand it but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by RX-74