Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Theory (Major Spoilers if You Haven’t Completed the Railjack Quest)

Draxnos

So, call me crazy, but I was thinking about a very confusing part of the Railjack.

The finger.

So, Ordis had trouble accessing his memories. He sensed something there, but was having a hard time comprehending. Just like how Cy can’t comprehend the finger.

This was how the past self was hidden away from the Cephalon after creation. What makes this more strange are the Void crystals that grow out of the finger’s capsule. This creature must have been an inhabitant of the Void or possibly even had an ability linking them with the Void.

So, potentially, Cy could be a giant being, infused with the Void or having abilities relating to the Void, and these abilities aided in Empyrean creation, thus having the Orokin use their minds to control the ship, locking away the finger as the main powering system for use of the Rail systems.

Or I’m just overthinking this and it has something to do with the Man in the Wall.

I'd say you're overthinking this personally. Ordis does know who he was before being converted to a Cephelon. You find all of Ordis' backstory hidden in the Cephelon fragments you find thru out the maps. I am betting they add fragments for Cy at some point. As for the finger... I think that's a part of The Man in The Wall. A small detail people miss with that quest is when TMITW talks to you while sitting on top of the drive, he's holding out his finger.