Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unveiling Rivens

(PSN)shiwan8

No offense but this system we have now has got to go. It’s tedious at best, practically impossible at worst. The benefit is negligible almost every time. A ridiculous amount of work to get almost nothing in return. If you want to make rivens themselves useless then at least make the unveiling fun. 

Today I have spent hours of my free time trying to open 2 rivens. Not one success. This is one of the practicality impossible things. I need to kill 4 dargyn pilots before they hit the ground. Sounds simple untill you realize that none of the kills are registered towards the goal. I mean, if you blast the thing from the sky and nothing is left then logic states that the pilot is dead, right? Well, apparently not. The total of 3 kills I got were due to the dargyn exploding, the pilot surviving that and then dying before it hits the ground. That is not the condition in the riven. The problem is that you have apparently removed all the previous workarounds like Kuva Fortress Assaults that made the effort reasonable. 
These are not the only practically impossible rivens to unveil, there are plenty of those. These are just now on my table and I can’t get rid of them and my riven slots are full so I will use them as examples. 

Now that I have proven that the current system is fubar, here’s an idea on how to fix these with as little work as possible: Combine the unveiling to nightmare missions. Nightmare missions are pointless anyway so this would give people reasons to go and play them. Add 50 levels to the enemies and now you have a semi challenging mission to unveil the mostly combine fodder rivens. I’m sure that you can figure out something even better in no time but for the sake of us all kill the current system already. 

Can you share >the exact and full description< of the rivens?
If possible straight up just post screenshots of them.

many people I know fail to unlock their rivens because they overlooked a requirement

Edited by BaIthazar

Why, exactly? The description was in the first post. The wording is not ambiguous at all.  Those don’t make any difference at all. The problem persists even though it is theoretically possible to unveil them. The riven mini challenge thing is factually a bad system. It was an ok placeholder for a month or so but it not being replaced by now is just ridiculous. 

the descriptions were: Kill 4 dargyn pilots before they hit the ground during one day. 

The problem with these is that killing them does not count. You have to kill the dargyn first, then the pilot. If you kill both with the same shot or kill just the pilot you do not get the success. I don’t think I’ve had a gun that could kill just the dargyn and still kill the pilot before it drops. I don’t think that that gun exists in the game. If you have a gun that needs a separate shot to kill the pilot then the gun is not powerful enough to kill the pilot before it hits the ground. If it’s powerful enough to not need 2 shots it’s too powerful and will kill the pilot before it starts dropping. 
yes, I know all the tricks. I have done the research and none of it works. It’s all about luck which then brings up the second problem with this particular unveiling. The success rate is around 4-5 percent but there is no such a thing as a dargyn spammer. You can’t farm them. 1-2 of them will spawn every 10 minutes or so while  you fly around the plains. Yes, it has to be PoE because of the “during one day”.
Now, assuming that you are an adult and thus can’t spend your life in your mom’s basement opening rivens you have maybe 1-2 hours of gaming time every now and then. You or anyone else can explain to me how enjoyable the game is when you spend possibly your weeks worth of gaming time opening rivens that give you no benefit at all. Your progress is halted, for a week, because of a poor mechanic that literally (meaning the dictionary definition of the word) every single rational person past mr9 knows for a fact should be replaced asap because it offers little to no benefit and almost everyone hates it. Can you tell me how that is a good situation? If you can’t then can you tell us all how the game benefits from from an objectively bad system not changing despite it being less than an hour worth of programming needed to fix it or at least to make it not just bad time? I can’t so I am asking you since you obviously disagree with me. You have your reasons, right?