Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean (Spoiler) Mission

AlchemicMike

At risk of repeating what has already been stated many, many times across various forums of the general warframe community, I'd like to tell a quick story and give some feedback.

A little bit ago I caught the first sentient tileset spawn of my day. I swap to limbo just in case the walls bug and wont open, grab my amesha, and join a mission in progress. After the loading screen I come to a familiar sight: the ship in the distance, two people flying towards it, and one person inside. Alright, that's great, I can catch up! I'm the last one in with a nekros, wisp, and another, and I magic-slide myself through the tile to catch up. We break some walls, check for rare containers, and kill the space crabs, all good fun and what a mission should go like! 20 dead, all killed, now to do the rest of the mission. The nekros stops moving and I realize exactly what is about to occur, a cascading failure.

The nekros leaves the squad. The other random leaves the squad. The host stands there and leaves the ship though, and being of the 'No Tenno Left Behind' mantra, I exit the ship with them. As we made our way to the shipkiller platform a revolving door is taking effect of people joining and leaving left and right due to the anomaly objective being finished. As I enter the platform, I get a host migration, and all rewards are forfeit upon failure to transfer host capabilities.

End Scene.

In their hunt for rare weapon parts and ephemeras, this new tileset has become a breeding ground for the absolute worst attitudes in this game I've seen in a very long time. It encompasses the old gripes of mission rushing from days of old, adds a sprinkle of abandonment of fellow players, and finishes things off by leaving someone who wants to do the mission basically alone to contend with a slog of uber-powerful enemies that are both vastly more powerful than you and mind-numbingly plentiful in numbers. Anyone that joins you is liable to leave you at the drop of a pin, and if you don't get a drop the person wants, you may find yourself either alone if you host, or being bounced around till you are the host of an empty mission (provided the server doesn't time you out to your liset).

There are many suggestions for how to fix this, and I don't want to repeat them all to death if I don't have to, but this is something of as much importance as bug fixes. It may change once the tileset becomes permanent, but until then that mission has become a place for dedicated groups of people who know each other, or solo missions to pop in and out of until RNG smiles on you and gives you one of the rarest drops in game. For everyone else who joins thinking they'll complete the mission: may the saints watch over you. 

EDIT: probably belongs in the megathread, big oops

Edited by AlchemicMike
Reading comprehension is hard