Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give infested some Love, BEAST mode and Tactics

mat9559

• All warframes looking similar and I kinda dis-like it a lot, all humanoids with roundish surfaces and same proportions

Beast mode, 5th power, return to original infested form (end game missions ?)

Different abilities linked to beast mode

Beast mode : Atlas would become a Big Stone Golem with new abilities (like earthquake, lava flow, earth shield, rock spikes)
Titania could become a Giant butterfly 😛 with healing or debuffs and dmg abilit
Nidus : Infested jugernaut beast like
etc
Beast mode could be triggered with a certain amount of mission XP, or with a certain amount of kill

• Infested : Slow bunch of walking meat
    • 0 challenge, not agressive enough
    • Make them way faster for small ones, create some glass canon ones, métamorphs, furtivs ones 
    • Create some AI tactics, spawners behinds, sneaky ones hitting when Warframe HP are low, massive swarm of mobs coordinated to create real challenge and fear. 
    • Give infested some love with design, they are not sexy at all, make them a bit darker maybe, add spikes, smoke effects…
    • Give them some cc abilities, like unstoped sneak attack would trap the player (can use transference to get out or not ) can’t move and get a massive debuf for a limited amout of time 
    • Create new hunters that would target tanks as primary target and could only be fight in another dimension (void, invisible mode) or when they get CC (Nova, bastile vauban …) This would give a real need of cc frames or furtives ones
  • New factions : Beast factions from EARTH silver groove, would allow some design freedom. Orokin based factions ?
  • Missions : Farm game shortcuts or extra rewards are satisfying  Ex : in a defense mission we could have some extra objectives (close a conduits to reduce wave timer (would be optional, extremly hard but rewarding, like why no fight a lich or some new mini boss, that would add some challenge)
Edited by mat9559

6 hours ago, mat9559 said:
  •  

• Infested : Slow bunch of walking meat
    • 0 challenge, not agressive enough
    • Make them way faster for small ones, create some glass canon ones, métamorphs, furtivs ones 
    • Create some AI tactics, spawners behinds, sneaky ones hitting when Warframe HP are low, massive swarm of mobs coordinated to create real challenge and fear. 
    • Give infested some love with design, they are not sexy at all, make them a bit darker maybe, add spikes, smoke effects…
    • Give them some cc abilities, like unstoped sneak attack would trap the player (can use transference to get out or not ) can’t move and get a massive debuf for a limited amout of time 
    • Create new hunters that would target tanks as primary target and could only be fight in another dimension (void, invisible mode) or when they get CC (Nova, bastile vauban …) This would give a real need of cc frames or furtives ones
  • New factions : Beast factions from EARTH silver groove, would allow some design freedom. Orokin based factions ?
  • Missions : Farm game shortcuts or extra rewards are satisfying  Ex : in a defense mission we could have some extra objectives (close a conduits to reduce wave timer (would be optional, extremly hard but rewarding, like why no fight a lich or some new mini boss, that would add some challenge)

Infested really needs some love. They should at least have a health multiplier and be a lot tankier and hit really hard when they get close to you. 

And with it - a good increase in affinity.

But please a nerf to their energy wipe auras or at least a clear animation in what direction your energy goes and a good visual marker on that enemies. Same with poison aura - need to clearly see the direction where it comes from.

Same with corpus - make them stronger, tankier but nerf Nullifiers to at least no remove buffs, instead - shut them down while you are inside the bubble and resume when you are out (even if with some delay).

Il y a 14 heures, Scar.brother.help.me a dit :

Infested really needs some love. They should at least have a health multiplier and be a lot tankier and hit really hard when they get close to you. 

I was wondering if making them more agressiv and way more tactical, like a horde that would be connected to each other by symbiosis and would attack when it's the right time, create traps and other tactics that would make them more scary. We can feel a kinda stress when playing zombie games, when hordes are scary and zombies too.. Infested need more tactical boons according to me. They need 'maniacs' style infested, tanks that would force the agro and players to fight them... etc

15 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

But please a nerf to their energy wipe auras or at least a clear animation in what direction your energy goes and a good visual marker on that enemies. Same with poison aura - need to clearly see the direction where it comes from.

Same with corpus - make them stronger, tankier but nerf Nullifiers to at least no remove buffs, instead - shut them down while you are inside the bubble and resume when you are out (even if with some delay).

Those are the only things those enemies have that force us to take them seriously.

Speaking of which, Grineer don't really have anything outside Kuva guards. I'd think that they'd take/make something by now that would aid them in their fight against the tenno, rather than being at the mercy of every ability a warframe uses.

Edited by SpringRocker

il y a 53 minutes, SpringRocker a dit :

Those are the only things those enemies have that force us to take them seriously.

Speaking of which, Grineer don't really have anything outside Kuva guards. I'd think that they'd take/make something by now that would aid them in their fight against the tenno, rather than being at the mercy of every ability a warframe uses.

Well I feel like healing and shield mechanics are way too powerfull. Why would you care about enemies if you can be raised any moment by teammate ? Just go void operator and escape from damage ? Hide and get your shields back and health back ? I would like to see more real cooperation, a bit more dark souls like, tanks tanking, assasins taking down priority targets, being afraid of maniacs, healer having a resurect power and why not removing the team revive ..

20 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

The point is that they are not "strong", they are frustrating. I'd rather face a few Nox-like enemies with EHP x20 and a very strong Tenno power resistance pointing a buffed Kuva Tonkor at me than a bunch of randomly generated nullifiers who remove my buffs for good (bad).

Nullifiers could be reworked to be minibosses by the end of the waves and only 1 but strongly buffed and dangerous. They are not a problem alone and ez to deal with right now. The problem is that they can spawn too many and jump up and down too quickly. And still they don't really kill, mostly other enemies do, Nullifiers just strip you off your buffs by just touching you with a bubble leaving you exposed even after you get away. That doesn't give you a challenge, that makes you disengage the battle and rebuff. 

Same with mana drain encient eximus - it drains your energy before you even understand where they are. This does not give you a challenge, it makes you hide and regen it or die quickly.

1 hour ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

Nullifiers could be reworked to be minibosses by the end of the waves and only 1 but strongly buffed and dangerous. They are not a problem alone and ez to deal with right now. The problem is that they can spawn too many and jump up and down too quickly. And still they don't really kill, mostly other enemies do, Nullifiers just strip you off your buffs by just touching you with a bubble leaving you exposed even after you get away. That doesn't give you a challenge, that makes you disengage the battle and rebuff. 

Same with mana drain encient eximus - it drains your energy before you even understand where they are. This does not give you a challenge, it makes you hide and regen it or die quickly.

So you're saying:

• They're NOT a challenge
  • Easy to deal with
  • Makes you run away and hide

If they're not a challenge and easy to deal with... Why would you want them removed? They're the only things that can stand up to Tenno, also the only thing (right now) that is an obstacle to Warframe abilities. They shouldn't be removed at all.

Look at Kuva survs. Grineer don't have any units like that, infact it's common practice to see Khoras carry a group of players that just stand there doing nothing.

We don't need to make enemies more of a group of push-overs than they already are. Seems like you don't like the challenge Disruptor and Nullifiers provide, why would you want to take away the only decent mechanic that challenges people?

EDIT: Not directed to OP, this is directed at the person quoted.

Edited by SpringRocker

1 hour ago, SpringRocker said:

So you're saying:

• They're NOT a challenge
  • Easy to deal with
  • Makes you run away and hide

If they're not a challenge and easy to deal with... Why would you want them removed? They're the only things that can stand up to Tenno, also the only thing (right now) that is an obstacle to Warframe abilities. They shouldn't be removed at all.

Look at Kuva survs. Grineer don't have any units like that, infact it's common practice to see Khoras carry a group of players that just stand there doing nothing.

We don't need to make enemies more of a group of push-overs than they already are. Seems like you don't like the challenge Disruptor and Nullifiers provide, why would you want to take away the only decent mechanic that challenges people?

EDIT: Not directed to OP, this is directed at the person quoted.

As I said - they are not a challenge, they are frustrating when they spawn a lot. And I have no problem with that they block aoe nukes and strip you of your buffs while you are inside the bubble. The only thing that pisses me off is a permanent buff removal. If I die inside the null field - it is fair, but at least I want to gain my buffs back as soon as I leave the field. It would be ok to increase the radius of the field and make this enemy much stronger and dangerous, but no more complete removal of buffs, it justslows down the gameplay in a non-pleasant way.

By the way same with falling off the cliffs/jumping too high - not to lose buffs.

Same with infested eximus that poison and drain energy. It is ok if there is a visual effect to see exactly what direction my energy gets sucked and where the poison comes from.

Warframe is a horde shooter and it gets crowdy too often that you have no idea what kills you or how did you get inside that null field.

37 minutes ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

As I said - they are not a challenge, they are frustrating when they spawn a lot. And I have no problem with that they block aoe nukes and strip you of your buffs while you are inside the bubble. The only thing that pisses me off is a permanent buff removal. If I die inside the null field - it is fair, but at least I want to gain my buffs back as soon as I leave the field. It would be ok to increase the radius of the field and make this enemy much stronger and dangerous, but no more complete removal of buffs, it justslows down the gameplay in a non-pleasant way.

By the way same with falling off the cliffs/jumping too high - not to lose buffs.

Same with infested eximus that poison and drain energy. It is ok if there is a visual effect to see exactly what direction my energy gets sucked and where the poison comes from.

Warframe is a horde shooter and it gets crowdy too often that you have no idea what kills you or how did you get inside that null field.

"They block aoe nukes and strip you of your buffs" sounds like the only real danger that some frames face. Also some enemies have a defense against warframe abilities isn't a bad thing... It's actually one of the few things that prevent someone just sitting there pressing a button.

Also eximus do have an aura indicator on them, Sanguines have an indication and are also purple (if they're the ones I'm thinking of).

I'd rather not have the game turn into "button pressing simulator" and remove the enemies that force you to deal with them.

Il y a 1 heure, SpringRocker a dit :

"They block aoe nukes and strip you of your buffs" sounds like the only real danger that some frames face. Also some enemies have a defense against warframe abilities isn't a bad thing... It's actually one of the few things that prevent someone just sitting there pressing a button.

Also eximus do have an aura indicator on them, Sanguines have an indication and are also purple (if they're the ones I'm thinking of).

I'd rather not have the game turn into "button pressing simulator" and remove the enemies that force you to deal with them.

Yeah they are the only real danger. Would you like to see stronger nulifiers ? They would have stronger heal and buffs and they would drasticly increase the stats of enemies inside the buble BUT stealth abilities or Ash TP for ex would work against them. Point of this would be : Make them priority target because they give massive buffs and protection : even tanks would have hard time going inside bubles to fight them. Solution : assasins would have a real purpose and with stealth you could take them down without undergoing a lotta dmg coming from enemies under the buble.