Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RJ feedback

Otebski

I have spent what seems like countless hours in RJ (rank 7,8,9,7), in all positions. First general feedback is that the learning curve for RJ is like warframe on steroids. Once you get the grip of it and adjust the build its fun and fluid, but early experience is just ATROCIOUS. Now in no particular order:

1. Farm mats - Obviously everyone should be just skipping to MK3 stuff, because amount of materials for farming mk1 and mk2 builds is longer than time spent at Earth and Saturn. MK3 requirements are way overboard. I don't mind spending $ on cosmetics but feeling forced to spend on progression is not fun. Feels like mobile app money grab not like Warframe.

2. Sentient anomaly - countless topics about toxic behavior it creates. I will not repeat the arguments. Either make Shedu and ephemera end of mission rewards or allow entrance to anomaly after the field is cleared.

3. Avionics - very good idea with avionics having tiers with varying cost effectiveness balanced with power, Implementation of that idea is so-so.The numbers are off. Biggest offender - Bulkhead - best - 6060 hp, second best is 2020 hp(i think). There is no competition. Only few of them offer a real choice.

4.Tank - I love armor/shield balance. Or at least from the moment I got 1 sec recharge Zetki shield, which almost lets me skip armor tank. All other shields are useless. Only important stats are recharge delay and recharge rate (to some extent). The balance between different variations should be roughly at 0.75sec - 2sec. Anything longer makes shield pretty much useless.

5.Reactor - The top 3 reactors are Vidar, Vidar and Vidar. And next 50 on the list as well. Avionics is key. Even 10 extra Avionics lets you offset Flux difference by a wide margin. Flux should be Flux recharge rate with flux being dropped from the forge. That would make it a meaningful stat that might have a chance to compete with Avionics

6.Engines - I have not tested them thoroughly yet due to 1, but early on flying feels horrible. Without decent engines and Ion Burn it is not fun. Booster recharge rate can be added as engine stat.

7.Tunguska - It should oneshot Crew Ships with matching tier of Forward Artillery. That is maxed Zetki FA should let us one shot CS in Veil. And Vidar, Lavan for Earth and Saturn. Point of contact should not matter (shooting engines can never kill CS)

8. Battle Avionics - There are only two - munitions vortex and void hole. As much as I love both of them they should be tuned down a bit. All other require a thorough review (except ram, which is OK-ish).

9. Space Enemies - fighters are too fast, especially at the entry builds of RJ. At higher tiers the speed of fighters forces use of Munition Vortex and Black Hole. Shooting them is not fun with brief window of opportunity and overheating guns.

10. Foot Soldiers - The scaling invalidates half of frames and 90% of weapons. Bullet sponges are not fun. The way they are forces either a) unkillable frame, b) some broken melee build c) sick riven higher tier weapon. Instead of killing them everyone just skips the fights with stealth frames or spoiler mode. The Ship Captain in Veil can take more head-shots with Rubico than Tridolons combined ffs.

All in all - Fun:) The more I play it the more I enjoy it. Having well polished build that lets me clear the field in 10 minutes solo probably helps. At entry level 30 minutes in pub group is waaay to long.

1. after mission resource collection cannot be overstated....on regular maps we go out of our way to open chests or caches ,we will go from being few feet away from extraction to start of map if somebody marks orokin cells/ayatan stars or other "important stuff"...sure it is not fun but we do it day in day out...

2.Agreed

3.Agreed

4.Shield bonus is more important than other shield stats

5.Vidar should be end of mission reward ...every mission in veil ,,then random stats won't matter as you will get one every game and sooner or later you'll hit jackpot

6.see number 4

7.more points in boarding so unimportant to me

8.Battle avionics should also be tied to houses ...with different stats 

9.Agreed ,long after you kill CS that provides repair /healing fighters continue to heal/repair ...making some immortal

10.None of enemies in veil are less than lvl 150 ...with important ones being as tough for average player as once upon a time Stalker was...all of them should drop high end rj resources

50 minutes ago, Otebski said:

3. Avionics - very good idea with avionics having tiers with varying cost effectiveness balanced with power, Implementation of that idea is so-so.The numbers are off. Biggest offender - Bulkhead - best - 6060 hp, second best is 2020 hp(i think). There is no competition. Only few of them offer a real choice.

Vidar bulkhead exists, just super rare. I have 2 zetki bulkhead, still havent gotten a vidar... I think its like 4k hp~

51 minutes ago, Otebski said:

5.Reactor - The top 3 reactors are Vidar, Vidar and Vidar. And next 50 on the list as well. Avionics is key. Even 10 extra Avionics lets you offset Flux difference by a wide margin. Flux should be Flux recharge rate with flux being dropped from the forge. That would make it a meaningful stat that might have a chance to compete with Avionics

I think they should remove being tied to reactors entirely and just make all Mk3 reactors give 100 avionics. Then find another stat to pair with, as you recommended, flux energy regen. Perhaps Flux energy efficiency vs regen. Then make flux energy not able to be crafted. So you can either have A. A lot of uses on a finite pool of energy or B. have more longevity but far less uses up front.

52 minutes ago, Otebski said:

7.Tunguska - It should oneshot Crew Ships with matching tier of Forward Artillery. That is maxed Zetki FA should let us one shot CS in Veil. And Vidar, Lavan for Earth and Saturn. Point of contact should not matter (shooting engines can never kill CS)

As i replied to DE marcus yesterday. I think the Tunguska cannon should always one shot a crew ship. The forward artillery mods should be repurposed to either increase dome charge capacity, lower the charge time of the cannon, or both.

53 minutes ago, Otebski said:

8. Battle Avionics - There are only two - munitions vortex and void hole. As much as I love both of them they should be tuned down a bit. All other require a thorough review (except ram, which is OK-ish).

DE has not learned the lesson of power scaling after all of these years. Seeker volley should do static damage or minimum % damage whichever is higher. Because after earth, its garbage. Other damaging powers need similar scaling, or they need to compete with top end turret/ordnance damage. This problem existed in Archwing too. Elytron's nukes did 1 damage to high level grineer. Still does actually.

55 minutes ago, Otebski said:

10. Foot Soldiers - The scaling invalidates half of frames and 90% of weapons. Bullet sponges are not fun. The way they are forces either a) unkillable frame, b) some broken melee build c) sick riven higher tier weapon. Instead of killing them everyone just skips the fights with stealth frames or spoiler mode. The Ship Captain in Veil can take more head-shots with Rubico than Tridolons combined ffs.

Yeah the scaling on these guys is funny. I'm an mr28 with ridiculous gear, but i noticed most of my frames are not good boarders because they will be one shot by most of these enemies. Meaning i almost always use spoiler mode to board and sit in the void until its time to blow the core. Not sure if intended, but probably a mistake to have upped their damage values along with their health and armor values. I do appreciate that they are "difficult" to fight though. It adds some urgency that I normally do not feel in Warframe.

Edited by Skaleek

1 hour ago, pecanin said:

4.Shield bonus is more important than other shield stats

I really urge you to try Zetki shield with -3.98 recharge delay. I think RJ has Hildryn-like passive that stops overdamage from leaking into health. So once your shield drops you boost to the side and get shield recharge going 1 sec after (with booster recharge giving you 50% additional shield recharge and Anode Cell you can get some crazy recharge numbers)

I personally think it's a very balanced system. The worse thing that could happen imo, is to see an ability that cheeses Veil Proxima. For as long as that's not a thing, I'm ok with the system.

While there are overwhelming avionics that straight forward outclass the weaker variants.. these op avionics are also VERY expensive capacity wise. You may find yourself having to sacrifice an OP one in favor of a smaller varient which is also less costly... Sure, I just got my hands recently on a Vidar MKIII reactors with whopping +89 capacity (119 total) which should cover all my needs... But I still want to give it a try at those +49 reactors with a chance to close breaches or put out fires (sounds worth a shot)

11. Vacuum range and looting - looting is a nightmare. the symbols are tiny, and in case of avionics they match size and color of rubble and stars. Plus often they inherit inertia of a dying ship. Basically looting system alone rules out the use of any long range guns. If I shoot down Elite Taktis 5 km away the chance of ever finding that Munitions Vortex it dropped is 0.

23 hours ago, Otebski said:

11. Vacuum range and looting - looting is a nightmare. the symbols are tiny, and in case of avionics they match size and color of rubble and stars. Plus often they inherit inertia of a dying ship. Basically looting system alone rules out the use of any long range guns. If I shoot down Elite Taktis 5 km away the chance of ever finding that Munitions Vortex it dropped is 0.

This, it's even worse if you have a gunner who is a good shot and they can see these things drop but they can't tell you where because they have no clue what direction they're looking. Would love to have some sort of tractor beam to pull them in from the gunners seat.