The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine Sword, Dual Ichor Or Miter?

lonelydrone

Well, not the Miter for sure, unless it receives an overhaul within the next few updates. Right now:

-Slow projectile.

-Very loud firing noise, uncharacteristic for a weapon that plays similarly to a bow. Can be countered with a Hush mod, although that's a precious slot gone right there. (Thankfully, unlike Bows, the Miter doesn't need a Reload Speed mod to reach its full speed potential, so this kind of overrides this.)

-Its DPS is slightly lower than Dread and Paris Prime, assuming that there are zero criticals involved for all weapons.

-I assume that there are zero criticals involved in the above because this weapon has absolutely zero critical capacity. It deals 100% Crit Damage at a whopping 0% Crit Rate.

-That's not going to go well with the new Elemental system, which, according to our most recent update from the devs, involves procuring elemental effects on critical hits.

Personally, I'd go with the Ichors. Deals the best normal damage out of just about any melee in the game (save for things like Dakra and Orthos Prime on low-leveled enemies), while providing a good Zorencoptering ability to a certain degree.

Galatine is excellent for smacking down enemies in one hit and chasing them around while charging so you can smack them to death in one hit (which, with a cloaked Loki or Ash, is a particularly deadly combo, thanks to high speed and double melee damage), but I find that outside the realm of chasing and sneaking to OHKO (and the occasional ground pound), the Galatine's abilities are quite lacking. I guess that's to be said about all Heavy melees, though, and their chasing/sneaking/OKHO abilities are still nothing to sniff at. Just not my style of gameplay.

Edited by SortaRandom

Well, not the Miter for sure, unless it receives an overhaul within the next few updates. Right now:

-Slow projectile.

-Very loud firing noise, uncharacteristic for a weapon that plays similarly to a bow. Can be countered with a Hush mod, although that's a precious slot gone right there. (Thankfully, unlike Bows, the Miter doesn't need a Reload Speed mod to reach its full speed potential, so this kind of overrides this.)

-Its DPS is slightly lower than Dread and Paris Prime, assuming that there are zero criticals involved for all weapons.

-I assume that there are zero criticals involved in the above because this weapon has absolutely zero critical capacity. It deals 100% Crit Damage at a whopping 0% Crit Rate.

-That's not going to go well with the new Elemental system, which, according to our most recent update from the devs, involves procuring elemental effects on critical hits.

Personally, I'd go with the Ichors. Deals the best normal damage out of just about any melee in the game (save for things like Dakra and Orthos Prime on low-leveled enemies), while providing a good Zorencoptering ability to a certain degree.

Galatine is excellent for smacking down enemies in one hit and chasing them around while charging so you can smack them to death in one hit (which, with a cloaked Loki or Ash, is a particularly deadly combo, thanks to high speed and double melee damage), but I find that outside the realm of chasing and sneaking to OHKO (and the occasional ground pound), the Galatine's abilities are quite lacking. I guess that's to be said about all Heavy melees, though, and their chasing/sneaking/OKHO abilities are still nothing to sniff at. Just not my style of gameplay.

Do not ttater ichors. Galatine maybe. 

You forgot to mention Miter gets free puncture at full charge. Doesn't make it good but it's something.

• 2 weeks later...