Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change The Skin And Name Of The Mk1 Braton

RX-74

Change it's skin to that of a longer rifle with a large magazine since that reflects it's stats and it's really nothing like the regular Braton and rename it Vol (pronounces a bit like ''wool'' but with a slightly different V-sound and a short O-sound).

I had this suggestion at the end of another thread but making a new one I think clears up the clutter and makes everything more... clear. [grins]

Or maybe it should be named Vola since that is more in line with the other names of early Corpus designs that are not energy weapons.

Edited by RX-74

more like Yalp! i cant kill anything

Unsupercharged and with good mods, I can take it to Earth. Some have done unmodded T3 Void runs.

It's not supposed to be really good, but it's not really bad either. It works fine as a starter weapon, no one expects players to hang on to it until level50+ areas.

Unsupercharged and with good mods, I can take it to Earth. Some have done unmodded T3 Void runs.

It's not supposed to be really good, but it's not really bad either. It works fine as a starter weapon, no one expects players to hang on to it until level50+ areas.

exactly therefore suggesting to change the skin and name makes no sence at all since it is the 1st weopon u will get rid off.

taking it to where ever u want and using despair to kill mobs doesnt realy count for anything sept mastery.

Edited by bosstnt

I got to level 29 with that thing then sold it, now my OCD is kicking in and I need to level it AGAIN.

Just sayin.

Also, MK-1 Braton is fine.

It's a prototype of the now original Braton.

Hence why it's called the Mark 1 Braton.

The name is fine.

I got to level 29 with that thing then sold it, now my OCD is kicking in and I need to level it AGAIN.

Just sayin.

Also, MK-1 Braton is fine.

It's a prototype of the now original Braton.

Hence why it's called the Mark 1 Braton.

The name is fine.

It's nothing like the Braton so it can't be a prototype of it.

It should not look like a Braton and no weapon should have MK1 in front of it's name because these weapons are centuries old and ''final'' designs.

Change it's skin to that of a longer rifle with a large magazine since that reflects it's stats and it's really nothing like the regular Braton and rename it Vol (pronounces a bit like ''wool'' but with a slightly different V-sound and a short O-sound).

I had this suggestion at the end of another thread but making a new one I think clears up the clutter and makes everything more... clear. [grins]

Or maybe it should be named Vola since that is more in line with the other names of early Corpus designs that are not energy weapons.

It's plenty like the Braton - slightly less damaging bullet, and 1/2 the fire rate, oh and faster reload. But overall VERY similar. When you consider the variance of later primaries (bolt throwing, energy, plasma rounds, rockets, grenades, fire, etc) the differences are even more miniscule.

It's plenty like the Braton - slightly less damaging bullet, and 1/2 the fire rate, oh and faster reload. But overall VERY similar. When you consider the variance of later primaries (bolt throwing, energy, plasma rounds, rockets, grenades, fire, etc) the differences are even more miniscule.

You say slightly less damaging bullets, I say different bullets and different magazine and if it's an earlier version of the Braton then why did the Braton get such crappy accuracy? They forgot how to make those high quality barrels all of a sudden and why does the Braton have less ammo than it's earlier version?

It just doesn't make any sense at all but if it was a completely different rifle then it would all make sense.

You say slightly less damaging bullets, I say different bullets and different magazine and if it's an earlier version of the Braton then why did the Braton get such crappy accuracy? They forgot how to make those high quality barrels all of a sudden and why does the Braton have less ammo than it's earlier version?

It just doesn't make any sense at all but if it was a completely different rifle then it would all make sense.

bigger bullets = less numerically in the same space.

bigger bullets = less numerically in the same space.

No sense in changing the ammunition... in real life assault rifles uses the same ammunition in all it's versions like the XM16 didn't use different bullets from the M16A1 and the M16A1 doesn't use different bullets from the M16A4. (well it does but the size of the bullet is the same)

Edited by RX-74

The Braton MK-1 was likely a limited run before it was decided that a larger round was necissary and was then revised in to the Braton (probably given an MK-2, 3, 4, or whatever designation that was eventually dropped) which saw a much larger release.

No sense in changing the ammunition... in real life assault rifles uses the same ammunition in all it's versions like the XM16 didn't use different bullets from the M16A1 and the M16A1 doesn't use different bullets from the M16A4. (well it does but the size of the bullet is the same)

While many designs get a new primary desination when rechambered, this is not universally the case. There are numerous example of real life weapons, including battle rifles and assault rifles that are rechambered for different calibers than their original designs, while still retaining a similar name.

Some examples:

- FN SCAR has L and H variants; the former is a 5.56 NATO assault rifle, the later a 7.62 NATO battle rifle. The designs are otherwise virtually identical.

- The AK-100 Series is chambered for at least three different calibers, with only the last digit of it's designation changing.

- Steyr AUG comes in 5.56 NATO and 9mm Parabellum variants.

- The AR-15 is normally 5.56, but has many semi-custom redesigns chambered for a huge variety of calibers (including the .50 Beowolf and even more massive .50 BMG), and is a direct decendant of the AR-10 which was a very similar weapon chambered in 7.62mm NATO.

Even if this were not the case, there is nothing that forces Warframe weapons to use the same nomenclature as the not-completely-representative sample of real weapons you are familiar with.

Who is to say that Braton is not simply the equivalent of Armalite, FN, SIG, or Kalashnikov?

It's nothing like the Braton so it can't be a prototype of it.

It should not look like a Braton and no weapon should have MK1 in front of it's name because these weapons are centuries old and ''final'' designs.

No such thing as a final design.

It makes perfect sense, you just don't have the experience or imagination to put it into context.

Edited by Saenol

Personally I think the weapon should be called RASAP or Replace As Soon As Possible.

Also OP as you can see visually it is nothing like the Braton, and since you seem to have extensive knowledge of the inner workings of Tenno weaponry, you will clearly see that there is no chance that it was a prototype/first version of the Braton.  Clearly it is called the Mk-1 Braton as it is a hyper advanced version that causes Dance Parties.

Personally I think the weapon should be called RASAP or Replace As Soon As Possible.

Also OP as you can see visually it is nothing like the Braton, and since you seem to have extensive knowledge of the inner workings of Tenno weaponry, you will clearly see that there is no chance that it was a prototype/first version of the Braton.  Clearly it is called the Mk-1 Braton as it is a hyper advanced version that causes Dance Parties.

It should have a different name and skin and three different Braton weapons where two have the same skin is quite enough.