Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PS4) Newish console player feedback.

(PSN)incindir

Let me start off by saying that I like Warframe. After getting over my disdain for anything labeled Free to Play. I've actually found that Warframe has a pretty good balance of those aspects. I even spent some cash on the game because I liked it that much. I'm still playing and probably will for a while yet. I want to provide a mix of the positives and negatives of my experience so far. And it's been a mixed bag. Had more good experiences than bad at this point, but I feel that there are some things that need to be said about both. 

Lets start with one thing that sticks out to me right away. I came in expecting space ninjas and ninja-ey type stuff. Sneaky sneaky, stabby stabby, etc. And there certainly is that. I think that kind of gameplay could be expanded at no detriment to the rest of the experience. Warframe is not so much Ninjas in Space, but Biomechanical ESPers in Space, with nitrous boosters in the trunk. The shear SPEED of this game is staggering. I have not experienced this level of twitch factor since my days playing Quake 2 hook and rail insta-gib. Even though I play on a stock PS4 the game is remarkably smooth, and is able to keep up with most, but not all, of the speek freakery. However, it is Ninjas in Space in name only because most of the stealth and skill gameplay that could occur is simply trumped by turbomurder at the speed of an SR71 Blackbird over Soviet Russia.

After I peeled my retinas back into place, and settled my hands from the adrenaline infused dopamine kata. Some things started becoming more noticable about the game. The ingame Codex and knowledge pool does not go nearly in depth enough explaining the nuances of how the game works. When Youtube and Wiki are doing a better job of cataloging how your game plays, it may be time to look at how your players are using, or not using, in game tools to access features of the game.

The movement of enemies, the size of the hitboxes, and the breakneck speed of the game screams "designed for PC". Mouse and Keyboard gives a player an order of magnitude greater control and precision when it comes to gaming. And this becomes even more obvious when I go to play anything involving the Archwing or the new Railjack gameplay. Enemies are hyperactive, hitboxes are the size of pencil erasers, and the weaponry... Well one would expect a mounted space machinegun tied to a faster than light capable spacecraft to FEEL more powerful than the sidearm you carry on your hip. 

Edited by (PS4)incindir
  • Like 1