Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing mode and Xbox One controller fubars

Kromatia

I posted this in the megathread for Railjack bugs and hoped that it would have seen a fix, but sadly none so far. I'll give a rundown of the issue and then post a video for reference when I get one recorded.

My issue stems from the new archwing mode changes and incompatibilities with the Ability Menu being on the button for the default down/dodge/blink setting. Incidentally, this also is problematic for Titania's razorwing mode which is where I first encountered the issue. For the sake of reporting, I've screencaptured my controller settings to prove I'm not just a dingus.

bKnUhfL.jpg

0wrdnd9.jpg

As you can see, I have Move Down/Dodge/Blink bound to the press of the right stick, not the left bumper. The default setting is Left Bumper. I can work around my issue if I use the keyboard keybind for ability 4 or any of the abilities, but that requires me moving my hands off my controller and makes me stop dead in my tracks. Same with my other work around of rebinding the ability menu temporarily to some other button (I usually put it on D-Pad Down).

I have tried resetting controller settings to default and resetting them from scratch. That is a trick that works and persists for the entire session, but that's where the "fix" ends. As soon as I close Warframe completely and reopen it, the controller keybinds for Move Down/Dodge/Blink and Ability Menu are ignored by the Left Bumper and I have to go through the ordeal all over again or just temporarily swap keybinds.

Little update on this issue. Tonight I decided to try removing the settings files stored locally for Warframe. I removed the EE txt file and EE.cfg file from the Appdata/Local/Warframe folder and had the game recreate them brand new on the next launch. Window settings went back to default, but controller settings had not, so I then reset controller settings to default and it has fixed my issue. I still have the aforementioned files if they would be helpful in finding the cause of the craziness.