Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Concept

VoidWraith

First before I want to get into a suggested concept that isn’t even really though out.... I just thought that Nyx, who was supposed to be the female counterpart to Excalibur and has that whole bug/insectoid look almost like with Excalibur (beetle) and ash.... Nyx's main helmet after watching the warframe prime time stream..... It started to remind me of a horse or centaur in some game..... I don’t know why.... it never did before......but now it does.....huh.....

Anyway.... I like spell casting warframes like frost (even though he’s also semi tanky), Saryn (the tankiest female warframe who uses poison like a venomancer), and Nekro (your basic necromancer), and Nova (is like a heavy damage wizard/sorcerer in AoE nuking), and I guess that’s it..... Ash is your typical samurai/ninja.... Nyx is a psychic/telepath, Ember and Volt would be your typical fighter (although they aren’t up to par yet in that category), Excalibur your balanced warrior, Vauban the mechanic/engineer, Rhino the tank, Trinity the healer/medic, Banshee and Mag I guess is like a support caster.... (their moves sad to say is like the opposite of each other in a strange way and they both have support type skills). I think that’s it right?

So I kinda went off on a tangent again, but just like how Nyx was the "supposed" female counterpart to Excalibur, why not make a counterpart to frost with different skill powers and use general design of this:

jewel_by_numaman430-d4157ih.jpg

As the model for it..... I don’t know..... It probably won’t be considered, and it probably will. I haven’t thought out its stats, but if I had to pick, it would be the same as Saryn's base stats. The skills and the type of power it would be based on..... I don’t know. Just thought it'd look nice.....

now that I look at it again, the model could be a bit more ninja-like.....maybe like Momiji from ninja gaiden... she’s like a shrine maiden/ninja mix. In case you don’t know what I’m talking about:

WO3H-Momiji.png

I don't know.... something like that.....

Edited by VoidWraith

While the design in itself is very good, it simply doesnt fit in the game. That's a magical girl, not a warframe.

All in all this topic would be better off in the "Fan Art" section under "magical girl frost" or something.

Put it there and I'll guarantee you some positive reception in no time.

Imma be honest with you bro, it doesn't fit into the game. We are Tenno, superior humans in ninja suits. I think chibi or midget genes don't manifest in our gene pool anymore.

Also, my advice to you my man, never title your topic "New Warframe Concept". We're already in the concept forum, it's already a given.

im not saying it should be a magical girl concept, it can be like momiji from ninja gaiden, who is a ninja AND a shrine maiden. but i guess everyone kinda skipped over that, which is fine since it was a "TL;DR" and only skimmed through it. it would ONLY be fan art if it was drawn FOR warframe, but in this case it isnt. i simply took some art that was found through googling images. it was my mistake in not crediting the artist of the first pic/drawing.

now as for the second pic, i think it could work. there are some ninja villages (maybe) with a temple of sorts or perhaps a small shrine where they may have a priest or shrine maiden there for blessing. like in the case with the ninja gaiden character momiji. while i understand this is not ninja gaiden, but warframe (a space ninja game). who are we to say that some of the themes for the current warframes are "ninja" themed?

While i know warframe's theme is "ninjas in space" we have some that seem more like medieval/western/european assassins, instead of ninjas. Saryn already looks like a typical assassin you see in western/european. Rhino.... heh, doesnt even look like a ninja. just a beefy guy that was given the ninja moves (which btw, doesn't make him a ninja). Nekro, who is a nercomancer (really? how is that a ninja?). Frost (while i will agree that there are ice ninjutsu weilding ninjas, Frost likes like a guy in a trenchcoat/robe and doesnt really look that ninja). Banshee (pretty much like Saryn, an assassin, not a ninja). Ash (hes more like a samurai, with the way he looks, even if he has ninja powers/skills, he certainly looks more like a bushido samurai intead of a ninja). Nova (already doesnt look like a ninja very weird reasons). Mag (she does have a ninja-ish feel to her but she also reminds me of Tali from Mass Effect). Volt (he looks like a gentleman in a tuxedo suit, seriously...). we also have some weapons that dont fit with being a ninja OR assassin, like the heavy hammers, heavy axes, and perhaps that double handed galantine which is basically a stereotypical zweihander (if you dont know, its an european two handed sword)....

while yes assassins and ninjas are basically the same in essence, we all have a different idea in our heads when we think of "ninjas" and "assassins".

So yes, my concept, or proposed idea, is properly not suited to the "theme" of warframe, but it can be changed and perhaps molded to match it. which is why i gave the second pic as an alternative to my idea. Im not saying it is a female frost. just like how Nyx is not a female Excalibur. Just saying how it can be a counterpart to it, which completely different powers/skills/type/theme from Frost.

But alas this is the internet, and this is the forums. so hey. at least i threw my idea out there, regardless of how much it sucked to you guys.

Edited by VoidWraith

Nyx was originally slotted to be the female Excalibur. Back then, DE thought of gender varied models and Nyx was for Excalibur. They scraped the idea and instead gave Nyx her own set of skills.

As for your concept of a ninja for Warframe, for you to not get a TL;DR, take some work to actually visually describe the frame and lessen the ellipses. As an English Trainer, I disapprove of your sentence construction. My advice, create a background and line up the skills so as to make the frame more palatable to imagine.

Nyx was originally slotted to be the female Excalibur. Back then, DE thought of gender varied models and Nyx was for Excalibur. They scraped the idea and instead gave Nyx her own set of skills.

As for your concept of a ninja for Warframe, for you to not get a TL;DR, take some work to actually visually describe the frame and lessen the ellipses. As an English Trainer, I disapprove of your sentence construction. My advice, create a background and line up the skills so as to make the frame more palatable to imagine.

as i have said, i did not really think of a warframe to the point where its like "oh! i really want to see a warframe where it can have these skill powers with these skill names to it". i admit in my opening post that it wasnt thought out. yes it had alot of ellipses and i didnt type it out in essay format. or any given proposed/agreed format. its just an idea that i wanted to throw out there. maybe when i really do feel inspired to plan out what it should be and look like, ill write it out.

My half-assed idea is what got the responses i have, but at least its an idea that is thrown out. i dont mind if its heard by DE or not. But im pretty sure, someone else will come along and come up with an idea that was pretty much the same as my idea, just paraphrased differently and was well-thought out and everything. but i dont mind it since at least that idea was out there.