Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add dungeons with matchmaking

(PSN)FoxyPinkUnicorn

Can you please add 4 or 4+ player Dungeons. With matchmaking like the normal missions.

Warframe is great the way it is although I know a lot of people that get bored once they have leveled and stop playing. Adding content like this gives people a reason to come back and work together for loot drops.

Co-op battles and boss fights give a different type of challenge and prestige for players to display and I believe would greatly enhance the player experience. Warframe already has healing characters, tank characters and damage characters. All the components are here. We just need the level design and the talent to put it all together.

Thanks so much

6 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Then what is every boss mission in game already? Or Lich?

Im sorry you might not have played many RPGs but a “dungeon” usually starts with you load into the game. You move to lesser boss, then to another..etc then fight a complicated boss right with “mechanics”, that boss drops common to legendary loot.

boss fight mechanics usually have things to avoid and things you have to destroy to damage the boss. 

There are a lot of RPGs and looter shooters out there. Try one and see what their like. You might understand a bit better of what I’m asking

Edited by (PS4)FoxyPinkUnicorn

Just now, (PS4)FoxyPinkUnicorn said:

Im sorry you might not have played many RPGs but a “dungeon” usually starts with you load into the game. You move to lesser boss, then to another..etc then fight a complicated boss right with “mechanics”, that boss drops common to legendary loot.

There are a lot of RPGs and looter shooters out there. Try one and see what their like. You might understand a bit better of what I’m asking

I played Diablo 2 and 3 for years. I'm familiar.

Currently: You enter into a dungeon (map) that is procedurally generated. It's filled with different mobs. You then fight a boss with specific mechanics required to defeat them, (which is something diablo doesn't have,) and get Common to Rare or unique loot.

Unless you mean Treasure Chest...? o_O What exactly would Warframe do differently. Please elaborate.

I'm not trying to be hard on you when I say those elements exist.

So the elements I see missing from a traditional RPG would be:
Top down view.
A totally interconnected world you can travel by foot (open worlds and future updates for this)
Big shiny chests (loot crates, obstacle course, sabotage caches)
Random stat weapons (which they tried in the beginning and had to abandon.. until Lich weapons, where people hate it.)
Irrelevance of weapons for anything other than stats to boost powers (exalted)
Permanent Death for enemies / no respawns or specific breakable or exhaustible respawn gates (Which some missions do)
1 button hotbar combat..

We have a little bit of everything there with the exception of top down view.

That said, what could be done to make Warframe feel like these assets are functioning in the same way you want?

1 minute ago, (PS4)FoxyPinkUnicorn said:

Hmm maybe I’m missing something, where are these dungeon like missions in warframe? I’ve looked and I can’t find any. Do you have to que? I mean I’m not the brightest at finding things in warframe so if this already exist then I’m missing a huge part of the endgame. 

What makes our current boss missions NOT this? Or Lich territory? Or high level Bounties?

What is fundamentally different, if you did a side by side comparison?

I think one of the main missing aspects is that weapons don't drop everywhere. Originally, mods were random stat like Rivens are... but the end result was that players hoarded them so badly in such great numbers that it started impacting server costs.

We can't equip and mod a new weapon mid combat, so instead they drop blueprints. Now.. if we could pick up and exhaust enemy weapons as we go along, that might be interesting.. but those weapons are also going to pile up pretty severely if they're a dropped item.

Perhaps the boredom part is not being showered in new random shiny loot potential every few seconds? That's sort of the appeal of dungeon crawls. The combat is Leagues more "simplified," (in dungeon crawlers), but the drops are fascinating and Constant. Other than that... we're really having the same experience, just with more complex combat and a different camera angle.

Edited by kapn655321

9 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

I played Diablo 2 and 3 for years. I'm familiar.

Currently: You enter into a dungeon (map) that is procedurally generated. It's filled with different mobs. You then fight a boss with specific mechanics required to defeat them, (which is something diablo doesn't have,) and get Common to Rare or unique loot.

Unless you mean Treasure Chest...? o_O What exactly would Warframe do differently. Please elaborate.

I think Diablo isn't the best comparison here. Dungeons in MMOs are a bit different.

There the big thing is, that dungeons are their own instance instead of being part of the open world. You would also expect to commit quite a bit of time to completing a dungeon, instead of being done within 5 minutes and would want to bring a balanced group, that can do multiple different things.

Grim dawn had something like this, where you needed a key to enter and got the good loot.

Edited by gluih

I liked what they did with assault. It's basically an extended sabotage mission, but something like that would be great. Of course you are missing a proper boss fight in those and the rewards are really bad. It's a real missed opportunity, that they removed the caches from those missions. Caches in general are missing the good rewards they used to have when you could get an additional drop in void sabotage. If they actually gave good rewards for those mission types, so they are worth the time, I'm sure a lot of players would enjoy them.

I could see something similar to a dungeon by making something like you have in subnautica. At some point in that game you gather your stuff and make an expedition into the deep sea. Something like that could be done in railjack, where you know you are spending a significant amount of time to make sure you actually get something good at the end. Getting the rewards right for something like this would probably be rather difficult. It's generally pretty easy to get stuff in warframe, so if there was to be a significant time investment, the rewards would have to be really good and you would probably hear a ton of crying about RNG, even if it was done right.