Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Long Range Shotgun!

yarash2110

Im pretty sure your the same guy that was talking crap on my Shotgun idea and here you are with your own and its even more unbalanced than the idea I had and you think its even remotely balanced.  Wow guy pull your foot out of your mouth often.

Glad you like OP weapon.

Soma and company aren't a good example,you know?Mastery rank (this was said in the live stream) should split the arsenal of this game in tiers, so the higher the level, the better the weapon, just because actually this isn't entirely true that doesn't mean it's a good thing that your Rank2 weapon is amazing and better than a Rank4.

As i already said, in your original post you talk about a crazily op gun, because it's literally the old hek with just less damage, you know what the problem was with the old hek?Not the damage, the range.

SHOT-GUN : are only for close to medium, everything over that is op and nonsensical, but for the sake of parody :Hey guys!Why can't we have a sniper rifle that fires 5 bullets at a time in a very tight spread?I will be weaker than Snipertron in damage x bullet term,but if all the pellets hit it will inflict massive damage!Give it a 2-3 max ammo capacity per clip and a slower fire rate and it's gold!

so acuracy can make a weapon op? Sure i'l just check if mk1-braton can outpreform supra, because its more acurate! And damage dosent matter and isnt making weapons op right?

but it wont be a sniper, it will have 80 or less damage, and also, as a guy said earlier shotguns in real life has much better range then in games, no one makes weapons to suck in the first place, this would be a realistic shotgun

If Warframe is known for anything, it's realisticness.

Svandal still best shotgun.

svandal? Is that a new gun? Snipertron vandal isnt a shotgun, shotgun is a gun that shoots multiple pellets, snipertron vandal is t shooting multiple pellets, besides the fact that strun wraith does more damage by far, and snipertron vandal was an event only weapon, AND we are not talking about what shotgun is the best, we are talking about a new shotgun

Sobek.

people don't even Sobek. 

people just don't. 

i don't know why, but everyone has some 100% wrong misconceptions about Sobek. it's amusing that people can consider one of the best guns(atleast top 10, close if not in top 5) in the game to be useless ;)

but yes, Sobek is basically exactly what this thread is asking for.

THen why did they make the strun wraith/soma/flux?

SWraith is a close range only shotgun, unlike all the others? it's not going to win any sniping awards.

Soma, yes, we know.

Flux, it's a bit ammo hungry, and it's single target damage output, if you want to be effective and efficient. most other rifles can switch targets without major issue, due to hitscan and high ROF properties. Flux also does have a range limit.

Sure i'l just check if mk1-braton can outpreform supra, because its more acurate!

actually, the Braton is generally actually better than Supra. the damage type plus the extremely bad accuracy makes Supra generally pretty bad. it's basically a weapon that can only perform well using Electric Shield.

currently, that is. damage and armor redesigns could change everything about Supra.

edit:

by the way, you're wanting a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nock_gun'>Nock Gun, not a shotgun that isn't a shotgun.

but honestly, a Nock Gun in a game would have some major drawbacks. ammunition efficiency and damage output would really suffer. Nock Guns require reload after every shot, and well, there's a lot of barrels to load. and for a game, each projectile would do relatively meh damage, with the total potential damage being higher. 

it would effectively be a rifle version of a sawn off double barrel shotgun. as much damage in one shot as possible, then a relatively long reload time after. a burst gun.

basically, Nock Guns are horrible if you have more than one enemy - and even more horrible considering other weapons with a single barrel can out damage a Nock Gun due to the long reload time after one shot.

Edited by taiiat