Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun Ideas

necronia

Ok so a little background here on why I am starting this thread.  I'm a country boy through and through born and raised in the south.  I love my mama fried chicken and shotguns.  Oh lordy how I love shotguns.  Prolly not as much as bows though :)  Anyway I went in the military and used all sorts of weapons there that are comparable to the weapons in this game.  For example Burston M-16, Gorgon B-240 Soma M-249 Ogris Mark 19.  Then I think about shotguns and I can think of nothing.  But then again thats all good. 

So enough background here is my idea we have alot of great shotguns in the game the Strun Wraith, Sobek, and Hek primarily.  They are high dmg pellet spraying good times.  You don't have to be too accurate and you can still do good dmg with them.  Here is my thing why is there only a limited amount of shotguns and why is the focus of them all on semiautomatic or rapid fire systems. 

So my thought process began in the wee hours of last night and this is what happened.  I had a epiphany why doesn't DE put in a double barrel shot gun that only has 2 shots MASSIVE DMG moderate reload and give it the ability to do like a bow if you hold the fire button then release you fire off both rounds since its a Double Barrel.  Of course give it a tight spread and medium to long range.  Moderate crit and high crit dmg.  I personally think this would be a great addition to the game. 

Here are some stats that I came up with

Dmg 250 - 10 Pellets at 25 dmg each

Fire Rate 1

Crit Dmg 5x Crit Chance 10-20%

Magazine 2

Reload 2

Just some thoughts critique as necessary

And how fast can you get with practice?

Removing the two spent shells and putting in two new would not be done in below five seconds.

And thats even with ninja-like speed and dexterity. ;)

Edited by RX-74

Well, we could always say that there's some Orokin magic technology, that ejects spent casing and creates two gravitational vortexes that automatically arrange and suck in new shells.

But that would be ridiculous.

Although this, being a game double-barrel, should be dynamic enough. Try going back to something like Blood, you wouldn't want it to reload realistically.

Same damage as lanka, same crit chance, 500 crit damage, and faster then lanka, sure, i see people are just loving balanced weps

I see you have never actually seen a shotgun.  FYI shotguns have always had higher dmg and recoil over regular caliber rifles hence the reason even in a futuristic video game they do more dmg per shot than any other weapon in the game.  The point here is that it brings and IDEA to the table.  A weapon with these stats would not cause any power creep at all mostly because of the range, and extremely low magazine size (so to speak). It would be a balanced weapon in essence as long as the stats don't exceed that of say a sniper rifle.  But last time i checked Strun Wraith was 10 pellets at 19 dmg per.  So this is not an absurd number.  As the original idea I had was only 10 pellets at 25 dmg each. That is quite strong at close range but if you trying to hit a corpus in the head at say 75 feet chances are most of the pellets (half probably) will miss.  While weapons like Lanka, Snipetron Vandal, Vulkar are all hitting for full dmg. 

Removing the two spent shells and putting in two new would not be done in below five seconds.

And thats even with ninja-like speed and dexterity. ;)

Let me introduce you to this little thing called an "Extractor."

This is a part of a gun. This part removes the spent shell and ejects it from the gun. This allows you to insert a new round without having to remove the old one! It's really really advanced future tech. Practically NO ONE has heard of it.

Let me introduce you to this little thing called an "Extractor."

This is a part of a gun. This part removes the spent shell and ejects it from the gun. This allows you to insert a new round without having to remove the old one! It's really really advanced future tech. Practically NO ONE has heard of it.

Single shot weapons doesn't have extractors... only weapons with a magazine has that feature.

Edited by RX-74

Ok then, let me introduce you to the incredibly advanced method of "tilting the gun slightly upwards."

Since shotgun shells does a little bit of expanding when fired that would not work so well. ;)

Edited by RX-74

Since shotgun shells does a little bit of expanding when fired that would not work so well. ;)

It's several thousand years in the future ok, we have plasma guns, shotgun pistols with no discernible way for the shells to get to the barrel, and magic living battle suits, I'm sure they can figure out a way to get the shells to eject by themselves. And, back to the original topic, there are indeed side by sides that eject the shells automatically.

http://youtu.be/O9hRMwrrU4g?t=4m20s

Edited by Nuntium

We already magically pick up ammo in quantities of 10-20 with our feet and somehow get them inserted properly (and instantly) into magazines of varying sizes. Having a magically quick ejecting/reloading DBSG would not make me suddenly stop suspending my disbelief.

Moar wepun vryty pleez!

It takes longer than two seconds to manually reload two shotgun shells... try it for yourself with some old side-by-side hunting shotgun.

You are assuming that it doesn't eject the shells completely when the action is opened.

There are two different types of actions for single/double barrel shotguns/rifles. Extractor type actions only pop the shells up out of the chamber so you can grab the spent shells and then insert new ones. The ejector type action forcefully launches the spent shells out of the chamber and clear of the gun when the action is opened, therefore make reloading very very fast.

EDIT: Can't spell...

Edited by DCypherThis13