Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun Ideas

necronia

You are assuming that it doesn't eject the shells completely when the action is opened.

There are two different types of actions for single/double barrel shotguns/rifles. Extractor type actions only pop the shells up out of the chamber so you can grab the spent shells and then insert new ones. The ejector type action forcefully launches the spent shells out of the chamber and clear of the gun when the action is opened, therefore make reloading very very fast.

EDIT: Can't spell...

Yeah that would work but I wouldn't want to have a two-shot shotgun in this game no matter how much damage it does.

Ok so a little background here on why I am starting this thread.  I'm a country boy through and through born and raised in the south.  I love my mama fried chicken and shotguns.  Oh lordy how I love shotguns.  Prolly not as much as bows though :)  Anyway I went in the military and used all sorts of weapons there that are comparable to the weapons in this game.  For example Burston M-16, Gorgon B-240 Soma M-249 Ogris Mark 19.  Then I think about shotguns and I can think of nothing.  But then again thats all good. 

So enough background here is my idea we have alot of great shotguns in the game the Strun Wraith, Sobek, and Hek primarily.  They are high dmg pellet spraying good times.  You don't have to be too accurate and you can still do good dmg with them.  Here is my thing why is there only a limited amount of shotguns and why is the focus of them all on semiautomatic or rapid fire systems. 

So my thought process began in the wee hours of last night and this is what happened.  I had a epiphany why doesn't DE put in a double barrel shot gun that only has 2 shots MASSIVE DMG moderate reload and give it the ability to do like a bow if you hold the fire button then release you fire off both rounds since its a Double Barrel.  Of course give it a tight spread and medium to long range.  Moderate crit and high crit dmg.  I personally think this would be a great addition to the game. 

Here are some stats that I came up with

Dmg 250 - 10 Pellets at 25 dmg each

Fire Rate 1

Crit Dmg 5x Crit Chance 10-20%

Magazine 2

Reload 2

Just some thoughts critique as necessary

The devs have talked about adding a double-barrel type shotgun to the game, these stats would be perfect for it. Very high risk (low number of shots) for very high reward (very powerful base damage).

The devs have talked about adding a double-barrel type shotgun to the game, these stats would be perfect for it. Very high risk (low number of shots) for very high reward (very powerful base damage).

That was the point of my idea high risk high dmg.  I think its a fair trade off.

• 1 month later...

All you people think to traditionally.

think this way, we don't have any slug cannon shotgun with 100% AOE knock down with 20 meter radius damage(same as the heavy impact mod) in addition to the damage dealt with normal and also high critical chance of 30% to compensate for low "magazine size" and to top it off add an exclusive mod and call it WARHEAD(with different varieties of the mod) a mod  that makes the shells create environmental hazards like fire fields burn for long(revenge against the napalms, electro fields for robots to fry them for long and freeze fields to kill shields for long(same goes to shield ospreys damn them all). and I do mean: make an ultimate crowd control double barrel shotgun!

IN SHORT SHOTGUNS ARE ABOUT AMMO VERIATY AND RAW POWER THAT COMPINSATE FOR LOW AMMO RESERVE!.(BY MASS CROWD CONTROL(THINK OF THE INFESTED AND THE ANOYING KNOCK DOWNS, ITS TIME FOR REVENGE AGAINST THE HEAVIES!)

think this way, we don't have any slug cannon shotgun with 100% AOE knock down with 20 meter radius damage(same as the heavy impact mod) in addition to the damage dealt with normal and also high critical chance of 30% to compensate for low "magazine size" and to top it off add an exclusive mod and call it WARHEAD(with different varieties of the mod) a mod  that makes the shells create environmental hazards like fire fields burn for long(revenge against the napalms, electro fields for robots to fry them for long and freeze fields to kill shields for long(same goes to shield ospreys damn them all). and I do mean: make an ultimate crowd control double barrel shotgun!

IN SHORT SHOTGUNS ARE ABOUT AMMO VERIATY AND RAW POWER THAT COMPINSATE FOR LOW AMMO RESERVE!.(BY MASS CROWD CONTROL(THINK OF THE INFESTED AND THE ANOYING KNOCK DOWNS, ITS TIME FOR REVENGE AGAINST THE HEAVIES!)

Tone down on the bold, italics, and underline formatting.

Single shot weapons doesn't have extractors... only weapons with a magazine has that feature.

640px-Olympia_Spicy_3_Shells_BO.png

Personally, those rod things forcing the shells out sure look like extractors to me. And since this game takes place in the 90s, I think it's personally reasonable to expect that Tenno could have something like this.

Edited by KF5AQX

yeah another important note is not only there is no damage over distance falloff the environmental hazards you make don't hurt you and maybe it would be an innate effect and the mod WARHEAD would just enhance it further like greater duration, greater damage over time, or even an added effect. one thing for sure it would be the most ammo efficient mass crowd control weapon to date.

640px-Olympia_Spicy_3_Shells_BO.png

Personally, those rod things forcing the shells out sure look like extractors to me. And since this game takes place in the 90s, I think it's personally reasonable to expect that Tenno could have something like this.

As for extractors, this person is correct. And extractors have been found on shotguns over 200 years old. It is easier to do with a breach break than any other shotgun.