The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secondaries>Primaries

Solaurus

DE, y u du dis 2 me. I likz tu us mah pr1mrys butz da secundrys s0 tu much beter. Any1 els notcie thts?

Translation:

(Anyone else notice that a good majority of the secondary weapons in Warframe are better than the primaries? From the Despair all the way to Acrid, it seems like the majority of primaries ,barring a special few, are useless against the raging machines that are the secondaries. I find this to be a significant problem in Warframe's infrastructure and I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this.)

Edited by Solaurus

almost everyone by now has, yes.

more-so, the difference is not damage, but damage over time (or DPS)

although secondaries have a higher damage per shot, they're overall firepower is limited to having lower mag capacity and lower max ammo capacity.

VS rifles (primaries) with higher magazine and higher max ammo caps, and (for the most part) higher accuracy and fire rates.

(now yes, some secondaries have high fire rates, but come on, afuris won't do u a dam bit of good lol)

Yeah, Gremlins and throwing weapons are better that primary counterparts (i.e. Boltor). But Snipetron Vandal, Strun Wrath and Soma are cleary superior than sniper/shotgun/mg secondaries.

Kill a boss with a max'd soma.

Now kill the boss with a max'd Acrid.

Acrid can kill level 120s with ease. Soma starts to lose some base damage and leans heavily on the small 60% AP.

You can use both so it's not that much of an issue. There are plenty of Primaries that compete with the gods (Acrid, Despair, Bronco Prime), such as the Flux Rifle, Soma, Synapse, Lanka, and of course the Ogris. Your best bet is to specialize your Primary and Secondary so they're used for different enemies. The differences in balance aren't skewed towards the secondaries; the differences are on both sides (look at the Embolist and the Supra).