Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Diversity And More....

TouchMyDiction

OK, first off, say what ever you  feel like saying to this post because: frankly the mob doesn't exist yet or more than likely wont.

Frankly i feel that the Infested are boring to kill because they are frankly lacking the diversity and range that the other two factions have gained due to popularity. Dont get me wrong i find infested fun after they break out of the double digits [lvl 100-200]. The other thing the infested are lacking is the "Fear Factor", they are fun looking but other-wise laughable in the context of "Scary" or "creepy". This again is attributed to the lack of diversified classifications of infested/ factions the infested can created their spawn from, not the artist's and designers that brought us this great game.

What i am proposing is that the players, such as myself, try to come up with at least 4-6 new types of infested [or modifications of ones that already exist] for our great on honorable Rank 30 "Quad-Forma" Art Masters to "draw" inspiration from! Now this isnt only for JUST infested, it can be a whole new faction that makes other factions want to abandon ship and ignore the tenno that are poking holes in it already!

I'll go first:

Infested Gliders/Attributes:

Does not use the floor for a mode of transportation, it crawls on walls and ceilings at a quick rate often jumping surface to surface [using bat wing like arms] before jumping on the objective or warframe to grapple and immobilize [think of the Nervos, yea i said it.].   The only sound that this infested would make wold be the scraping of metal and the sound of something flying through the air.

Im intested on what ideas your Tenno have......

I'm thinking of a ranged infested for once. One that shoots out volleys of poison or blood to damage us.

They plant themselves on walls and/or ceilings to get good sniping spots and lob projectiles at us.

They are pretty slow and don't move unless they need to from their sniping spots.

They would look like a quadruped being with an additional arm like that that will throw projectiles. 

Edited by Ystella

I'm thinking of a ranged infested for once. One that shoots out volleys of poison or blood to damage us.

They plant themselves on walls and/or ceilings to get good sniping spots and lob projectiles at us.

They are pretty slow and don't move unless they need to from their sniping spots.

They would look like a quadruped being with an additional arm like that that will throw projectiles. 

Actually crawlers have started to appear that are doin just that (with electric attacks)

As others have said, ranged infested (other than that new crawler type) would be quite nice.

I was personally thinking of a small creature that quickly scurries around launching spikes at you (shotguns recommended).

Edited by MageMeat

If the Infested get ranged units, they should be flying bat-like units made from Infested Ospreys that fling thorns at you from afar. They should spawn as much as Ospreys do on Corpus missions, though only start appearing at low-mid levels (approx. lvl 15 missions onwards).

Chargers should be replaced with weaker "common infected" zombies (with both Grineer and Corpus skins) that can't hit hard but tends to swarm. Current Grineer "canine" chargers should become its own unit, the Hounds, an uncommon unit that ALWAYS spawns in packs of 6+, larger packs at higher levels, and start spawning at around lvl 20 missions. They release a loud echoing howl upon spawn (notification of appearance and increases atmosphere of fear). Packs may spawn with 1-2 Alpha Hounds starting from lvl 30, basically larger, stronger versions of the Hounds that can use a version of Rhino's Roar to buff nearby Infested allies.

I like the idea of additional Corpus and Grineer infested variants, maybe a bipedal Grineer with its armor less twisted and mangled  and "Charger" type infested Corpus/"Runner" type infested Grineer?

Or even infested Tenno who have failed in their mission, the various exoarmors (esp. Excaliber/Volt/Loki) in a mangled mess from the twisting the disease does to organic matter?

Edited by Glaice

i posted this before in another section...

I suggested evolved forms of infested. The infested shoudl have different stages of evolution. Now with the new heavily infested ships I would like to see some new infested.

Here's some highly evolved infested:

The ancients seem to be infested MOAs. They are of different types maybe because of the different biotech that infested them. Now maybe a more evolved stage would take some attributes from absorbing the technical part of the moa. (i.e. the railgun)

The light units too can have a more evolved stage, mainly changing the shape so the leftovers from corpus or grineer bodys dissapear.

Edited by nekrojiji

• 3 weeks later...

Make an entire infested map scheme (after making them creepy looking) and have them pour out of the walls, fall out of the ceiling, crawl out of the ground. Darker map, minimal lighting, crazy almost maze-like paths, perhaps make the infestations eyes glow more in the dark.

They look too fleshy to be creepy, make them bony and bloody.

The Infested faction already has crawlers with different flavors. One that spews electricity and one that spews toxic balls that deal toxic damage over time or the Noxious ones. 

Among all 4 factions, only the Infested had special units (take Ancients) and are seriously left out. Some units that lay dormant until you get too close? Something that disguises itself as world props doesn't sound too bad.

Make an entire infested map scheme (after making them creepy looking) and have them pour out of the walls, fall out of the ceiling, crawl out of the ground. Darker map, minimal lighting, crazy almost maze-like paths, perhaps make the infestations eyes glow more in the dark.

They look too fleshy to be creepy, make them bony and bloody.

Notice the game is dark enough or too dark with contrast, and without it the game looks stale, try the Infested asteroid/ship hybrid, I've wasted minutes trying to get out the stairs maze. And about Infested worming their way out the vents and stuff, they'd have to get around performance issues first before that. I've had enough with Infested fireflies and choked up frame rates.

Anorexic and zombie-like +1 to your post.