The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Geforce Now and Warframe

Badger

Geforce Now is amazing. I don't have some super-amazing gaming computer, so I have never seen Warframe look as beautiful as it does on Geforce Now. It works wonderfully and is well worth the subscription price. However, there are some issues with it. 

1. Warframe does not save settings in the cloud.

If you want to play Warframe on Geforce Now, you have to manually change all your settings every time you log in. This could easily be fixed by allowing settings to be saved to the Steam Cloud, or even to Warframe's own servers. I believe this was an option before, so hopefully it isn't too hard to bring back.

2. You have to authenticate every time.

If you have Two-Factor Authentication enabled on your account (which you absolutely should), you have to authenticate every time you log on through Geforce Now. This is less easy to solve. The obvious solution is allowing for broader IP authentication. This would be allowing every IP that begins with XXX.YYY.ZZZ instead of just XXX.YYY.ZZZ.123. 

That solution has it's problems. If someone in the same area logs onto the Geforce Now service and has your Warframe account information, they can now access your account. The better solution is authentication for each Geforce Now account. This would require some cooperation with Nvidia. My idea for this is the Authentication servers are given a list of all IP addresses Geforce Now uses. It performs a quick check, and if the IP address you're using matches one of the Geforce Now IPs, it then asks Geforce Now which user is using that IP. We then Authenticate per Geforce Now account.

Fixing these two issues would put Warframe in an absolutely fantastic place to play on Geforce Now, and would make the game accessibly to many more Tenno!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BadgerAmongMen said:

look as beautiful as it does on Geforce Now

A. All of those settings are available in game 😕

B. DLSS is blurry as hell at size larger than 27"

C. I sincerely hope you aren't hosting.

D. DE considers reshade as a hack and if you get banned for it, zen desk isn't going to give a S#&$.

Edited by -Kittens-

4 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

A. All of those settings are available in game 😕

B. DLSS is blurry as hell at size larger than 27"

D. DE considers reshade as a hack and if you get banned for it, zen desk isn't going to give a S#&$.

A. I have never seen it look this good because I can't run it at max, due to having more important things to spend money on besides my computer. It can run the game on medium settings just fine.
B. Then turn it off.
C. I do host and do so just fine.
D. I do not use reshade and did not mention it.

• Like 2

On 2020-02-15 at 1:09 AM, BadgerAmongMen said:

Geforce Now is amazing. I don't have some super-amazing gaming computer, so I have never seen Warframe look as beautiful as it does on Geforce Now. It works wonderfully and is well worth the subscription price. However, there are some issues with it. 

1. Warframe does not save settings in the cloud.
[...]
2. You have to authenticate every time.
[...]

Fixing these two issues would put Warframe in an absolutely fantastic place to play on Geforce Now, and would make the game accessibly to many more Tenno!

I feel you!   I'm amazed how nice the game looks and how smooth it runs (compared to my 6 year old GTX970 😛 ).
I'd even prioritize the issues the same way. Having to change the setting every session start feels quite inhibiting to even begin with.

55 minutes ago, Johsnon said:

I feel you!   I'm amazed how nice the game looks and how smooth it runs (compared to my 6 year old GTX970 😛 ).
I'd even prioritize the issues the same way. Having to change the setting every session start feels quite inhibiting to even begin with.

Yeah, authentication takes all of a minute, but changing the settings can take much longer.

• Like 1

On 2020-02-14 at 7:33 PM, -Kittens- said:

Having a Host using a streaming service would probably be the best connection a client could possibly have. The host computer is literally in a server farm, most likely with enterprise level internet connections. This is one of the major positives of cloud streaming, not a negative.