Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waypoints Need Rework

Indra87

I made this topic because waypoints are essential. The thing is that they have a problem

Extraction waypoints for example will often display the tracking icon through walls instead of guiding you through your room and aren't accurate most of the time. in Fortuna and The Plains Of Eidolon, I find it is even worse as I'm flying to my objective in Archwings, the mission waypoint seems to be recalculating every second like a bad satellite connection in the real world . After dealing with this incompetent navigation aid for months I've learnt how to predict it, but as a new player I'd find it challenging. I know everyone reading this knows what I'm talking about so I think It's time to do something about it!

Thanks for your time, Indra87

(if you want this topic to be relevant please leave a comment) 

Edited by Indra87
addition
  • Like 2

Sometimes I suspect this is intentional.

I noticed the waypoints only point to areas that were obviously made to confuse the player... most often in those corpus missions on wrecked ships planets, there are lots of waterfalls or mandatory dead-end tunnels right above or below the correct exits, and then coupled with the height difference of the objective compared to the floor, make the waypoint market sit in the middle of the dead-end, some of them don't even look like dead ends, you find out only when you blindly jump toward the market and the game TELEPORTS you back, because there is no wall or barrier there.

I think whoever was the designer of those areas did that just to troll the players for the Evilz.

• Like 1

On 2020-02-17 at 8:35 AM, OrSpeeder said:

Sometimes I suspect this is intentional.

I noticed the waypoints only point to areas that were obviously made to confuse the player... most often in those corpus missions on wrecked ships planets, there are lots of waterfalls or mandatory dead-end tunnels right above or below the correct exits, and then coupled with the height difference of the objective compared to the floor, make the waypoint market sit in the middle of the dead-end, some of them don't even look like dead ends, you find out only when you blindly jump toward the market and the game TELEPORTS you back, because there is no wall or barrier there.

I think whoever was the designer of those areas did that just to troll the players for the Evilz.

I just had a game today where the waypoint in my mission never moved 😞

Am 17.2.2020 um 05:48 schrieb Indra87:

the mission waypoint seems to be recalculating every second like a bad satellite connection in the real world .

RECALCULATING.. YOUR TARGET IS 500 M BEHIND YOU, TURN AROUND

RECALCULATING.. YOUR TARGET IS 300 M ... RECALCULATING..

RECALCULATING.. YOUR TARGET IS 100 M BEHIND YOU, TURN AROUND

TeNnO, I kNoW yOuR eVeRy MoVe

YOU HAVE REACHED THE TARGET.

8 hours ago, NoSpax said:

RECALCULATING.. YOUR TARGET IS 500 M BEHIND YOU, TURN AROUND

RECALCULATING.. YOUR TARGET IS 300 M ... RECALCULATING..

RECALCULATING.. YOUR TARGET IS 100 M BEHIND YOU, TURN AROUND

TeNnO, I kNoW yOuR eVeRy MoVe

YOU HAVE REACHED THE TARGET.

I KNOW. IT'S SO DUMB XD