Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Biology Topic "if We Can Slice It, We Can Study It"

kimahn

Hey! There it is!

But as it stands, I'm not sure what the Tenno LOOK LIKE, but I'm sure we're not 1) Energy Beings 2) Shape-shifters. Even though we now know beyond a shadow of a doubt that our player character DOES switch between suits rather than each Warframe being a separate Tenno, I think we're physically solid and single in shape, and are able to fit into the Warframes with such different proportions with ease because of Orokin technology magic.

Basically no different from how Nadia Sudek could fit perfectly into the Nemesis in Dark Sector to pilot it.

---

As for the ellusive idea of Tenno "gender" I believe that to Tenno, switching from a "male" frame to a "female" one is no different than a gamer playing a male protagonist one moment and a female the best. As for the reason frames have genders: that's just the way the frames need to be designed in order to focus our Void energy - a very specific physical design resulting in a different type of power, like different patterns in a lens producing a different image when light is shined through it.

• 2 months later...

it has been referenced that the tenno are actually infested by the thechnocyte virus (or however you spell it.) we were going to be turned into mindless infested, but going into the void corrupted the virus, but in turn it slightly corrpted us. thevirus gave us raw power, but provented us from living in the the regular dimension. so, we created warframes to let us survive and to harness the raw energy the virus gives us. also as the arbiters have shown, the tenno can speak, us protagonisits just don't need to.

Edited by 7thshade

it has been referenced that the tenno are actually infested by the thechnocyte virus (or however you spell it.) we were going to be turned into mindless infested, but going into the void corrupted the virus, but in turn it slightly corrpted us. thevirus gave us raw power, but provented us from living in the the regular dimension. so, we created warframes to let us survive and to harness the raw energy the virus gives us. also as the arbiters have shown, the tenno can speak, us protagonisits just don't need to.

When do the arbiters say we can speak? Is it on one end of the favor spectrum for them (I support meridian so I dont know)?

He's likely working under the impression that the Arbiters are Tenno. Which I'm not sure is accurate.

They definitely look tenno-esque. Then again, the invisible wall in their room prevents me from seeing their suit design from up close, and check for seams like in Red Veil's case.

...Which brings up very unfortunate implications if they are indeed nontenno. Because it turns from a bunch of tenno trying to create a future for themselves into a cult of character for us, with regular joes adoring the tenno and wanting to be like them.

Which is... really not a good thing.

Edited by Hyenasaurus

They definitely look tenno-esque. Then again, the invisible wall in their room prevents me from seeing their suit design from up close, and check for seams like in Red Veil's case.

...Which brings up very unfortunate implications if they are indeed nontenno. Because it turns from a bunch of tenno trying to create a future for themselves into a cult of character for us, with regular joes adoring the tenno and wanting to be like them.

Which is... really not a good thing.

And you see why I don't like the Arbiters...