Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternate Routes

Aedensin

I've had several missions kindly request that I shoot myself into the air to enter a vent far beyond Excalibur's super jump with no other alternatives.

Ex: 2013-02-19_00001_zps8ba2f2f9.jpg

It would be a massive improvment if there could be at least one alternate route to the objective at all times.

It should work, if you let go the "jump" button at the highest point of the wallrun, you don't even have to move anymore while he flips, just let him land. If it doesn't work there must be some kind of bug going on.. but yes, wallrun is the way to go there.. usually.

this is a case of user error. Wall running works fine with all the frames including the slow Frost/Rhino ones, however there is a lack of knowledge given to new players on how to properly wall run therefore leading to this issue.

100% correct, didn't realize I had to hold space to extend the run. Finally got it mastered.

Yeah, this is NOT well-introduced to new players AT ALL. There needs to be a wall-running tutorial, easier/more intuitive 'snap to context'-friendly controls, or alternate routes for people who even after all that simply can't get it. I've been in several groups where players couldn't figure out where to go next for several minutes, then when they did, couldn't actually master the mechanic.

You do not want people quitting your game in frustration.