The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Suggestion] Galamere, The Righteous Titan

Caiden_The_Stoic

I've had a dream Warframe idea since launch that has never been realized.

Frames like Rhino and Hildryn come close, but they don't reach the level of weight and bulk I'm thinking of.

This idea was also shared on the Warframe subreddit.

Frame Name - Galamere, The Righteous Titan

"Destined for the thick of war, Galamere was created for the singular purpose of rallying his allies and overwhelming firepower. When the system needs aid, the Tenno arrive to uphold the balance. When the Tenno are in need, Galamere arrives to even the odds."

Image result for Space marine gif

Summary and Thoughts:

The things that are missing from heavier frames are weight. All frames can bullet jump and sprint like ninjas. When Atlas' or Rhino's feet hit the ground, it makes the same sound as Volt and Harrow.

I understand a lot of the game is built around these core movement mechanics. However, I would love this frame to sound like someone running in power armour. Like he weighs nearly a ton.

• A sprint that takes a couple of seconds to get to full momentum, only to become an unstoppable beef bus.
  • No bullet jump flipping, but maybe a burst of a jetpack or some sort of thruster. Or just a beefy HOOP with meaty thighs of justice.
  • No wall latching, instead he slams a spike or fist into the wall.

My idea is something like a Space Marine or the Doom Slayer.

Abilities

Passive - Advanced Munitions: Galamere increases the maximum ammo of himself and nearby allies.

First - Daunting Shot: "Suppress the wicked."

• Take one second to aim, then fire a large piercing projectile from any ranged weapon.
  • Enemies struck by the shot are marked by Galamere's Justice.
  • Can be charged for more damage or tapped for quick Justice application.

Second - Righteous Banner: "Rally to me!"

• Galamere plants a banner in the ground lasting X in Y radius.
  • Allies within the barrier gain increased armour and minor health regeneration.
  • Enemies marked by Justice entering the area are staggered.

Third - Armour of Glory: "Thy attacks are as weak as thy convictions."

• This toggle ability drains energy per second.
  • Every time Galamere is damaged, he gets an increasing percentage armour buff.
  • When the armour eventually reaches its limit, it explodes with force, knocking enemies down and dealing damage based on the stored damage.
  • Enemies marked by Justice that strike Galamere are knocked down.
  • The process of buffing and storing damage restarts if the ability remains toggled.
  • Galamere is vulnerable during the early stages of the armour buff, but the damage will eventually turn to a trickle until it explodes outward.

Fourth - No idea!

I've thought about this ability so many times, but I cannot find anything that isn't the same-old.

An exalted minigun or beefy melee weapon? It feels like a cop out.

A powerful buff? Not engaging enough.

A huge bomb that he launches from his weapon?

I don't know. Any ideas or thoughts would be welcome.

I was hoping DE would come up with something neat when they adopt the idea. 😉

Because that'll happen.

Notes From Commenters

Thanks to Madrock777,

"I worry about the application of Justice, it can only be spread by a linear shot from you."

I absolutely agree. Your idea about Justice being applied to enemies within Banner range or perhaps enemies that damage Galamere while his armour toggle is on could help a lot.

"What could make a great 4th. Your abitles have a lot of synergy with your Justice. Maybe have an abitly called Final Verdict, No Mercy, Final Crusade. Pull out an Exalted 2h Warhammer, or 2h Sword."

Something about an exalted 2h-weapon or a heavy gun would be amazing, but I feel like it isn't the most creative solution. 

It would need to have some other system or effect tied to it to make it stand out instead of, "I summon uber weapon for time."

But... if it feels fun to use, why not?!

Thanks to Blyat1902,

"Bruh just thinking of this made me bust a nut in the name of he holy crusade."

High praise, thank you!

It is time the Tenno went on a righteous crusade of their own!

Edited by Caiden_The_Stoic
Images for funsies and flair!
  • Like 1

Exalted archgun is actually a pretty cool idea for a fourth(exalted minigun). They've done exalted weapons before but definitely not an archgun. Just gotta come up with a neat mechanic to tie it in. Maybe only able to walk at 50% movespeed or something and you're immune to knockdown/push/pull effects.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Exalted archgun is actually a pretty cool idea for a fourth(exalted minigun). They've done exalted weapons before but definitely not an archgun. Just gotta come up with a neat mechanic to tie it in. Maybe only able to walk at 50% movespeed or something and you're immune to knockdown/push/pull effects.

Simple but quite bad ass. I use the Grattler Arch Gun now and having an exalted version would be slick.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A fellow intellectual. I too, want a beefy boi that's Chroma Bulk + Atlas height. Had a concept for a minotaur/bull type of thing (Swoleberon) floatin around but never got around to writing it out. 

But yeah I want a hulking monstrosity with a gigantic battleaxe. Pls. 

On 2020-02-24 at 2:42 PM, Caiden_The_Stoic said:

"Destined for the thick of war, Galamere was created for the singular purpose of rallying his allies and overwhelming firepower. When the system needs aid, the Tenno arrive to uphold the balance. When the Tenno are in need, Galamere arrives to even the odds."

Oh God, I love this description so much. It perfectly conveys the overall intensity and the power of the frame, very nice work. I do like the concept as a whole, but I'm going to be doing a little bit of some nit picking, mostly in regards to the abilities. 

The passive doesn't seem to be the best fit for him, and it would seem game breaking in certain regards if you were to have a full squad of Galameres (you'd practically have infinite ammo). And as it currently stands, ammo really isn't much of a problem as is, so if you were to have a very high supply of ammo, I would for the most part only have meme potential, and would be swept under the rug. I'd say try and replace it with something that best accommodates the frame. By the sound of it, it sounds like his main role is to redirect enemy fire and to soak up the brunt of enemy damage. So, it would be best if his passive ability would reflect that. It could simply be he deals increased damage to enemies afflicted with justice. That's just one idea, I'll leave it for you to decide, but I hope you understand what I'm getting at. 

Across the board, his abilities are rock solid. The synergize with each other, and the sound BA. For the 4th ability, you could do something really created with it. You might say having an exalted weapon would be a cop-out in most cases, but I think it's a good way of expressing the uniqueness of a warframe design. Now, going to what you could have for a 4th ability. I'm thinking Galamere could have a warhammer as his 4th. Reason being is being is he seems a lot like a space marine for 40k, so I feel like it would be a really cool way to commemorate the Warhammer 40k universe. On top of that, when I see his name "Galamere", my mind goes to a gavel that you would see being used by a judge in a court hearing. I don't know if that's where you got the inspiration for for the name, but I really like it.

Going to the down and dirty of the 4th, you could have the combos be the intrinsically unique aspect of this warfame. One of his combos could be an altered form of the one combo from crushing ruin where you propel yourself into a maelstrom of hammer strikes that catapults you forward. On slam attacks, it could maybe temporarily decrease the armor of enemies that are afflicted with Justice, and it would severely stagger and maybe even stun enemies that would be in closer proximity of the slam attack. Finally, and this might be the more unique aspect of the weapon, the heavy attack. You could do this one of two ways. One, is you will only be able to do the heavy attack when "Armor of Glory" (his third ability) expels its built up damage. And two, it could be an off-shoot "Daunting Shot" (his first), but instead of course it would be called "Daunting Strike" upon activation. And the longer you hold it down (until you get to a certain limit) the more damage you could deal. Nevertheless, whenever you do a heavy attack, Galamere will @#&$ back and then strike the ground. Causing a surge of energy to cascade forward, dealing exponential damage to those who are in its way. The energy could billow out kind of like Harrow's first ability when he activates it. 

Overall, I really enjoy this concept, and I think it has a lot going for it. Now I might have sounded a bit harsh a few times in my rant, but that doesn't mean I'm excited to see this in game. Just stick with this man, maybe even try and get some art work, and I assure you, you'll go for with this concept.