Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Code Name Abhijñā : A Psychic/weapon master frame

Bakahung

I always like warframes that interact with weapons in some way , like Mag combo-ing her weapon and Magnetize , or  Excalibur's Exalted Blade and Dash
These bring warframe and weapons together .
I also like a psychic type frame, those always tickle my fantasy.
Right now in game, we have Mag doing those things , but It's not enough for me . So instead of hoping DE will make one for us,let's make one myself.
And hope DE will like my design and put it in game.

Right now this frame don't have a name or look , because I'm not good at those.
let's just call he "Abhijñā" ,which is Sanskrit , similar to psychic or such power. ( I google it , I hope is not wrong)
Also "he" here is gender neutral.

p.s.A lot of stats down there is pull from other frames.I'm really bad at numbers , so I decided in game numbers that have similar property is probably the most balanced.

Abhijñā is a powerful psychic , with a mastery over weapons.
Focus on dealing damage with his weapon , while using psychic power to control the battle field.

Role : DPS , with a little CC and self-buff .

Health : 75
Shield : 150
Armor 75
Energy : 125
Sprint Speed : 1.0

Explanation :

Spoiler

These stats is directly from Mag , because I think he's power level and style are really close to her .

Range is pull from Nova's passive

Passive
When Abhijñā bullet jump, , he will send out a small shock wave, knock down nearby enemies.

Stats:

Range 6 M ( locked )

Explanation:

Spoiler

In my OP , warframe passive don't have to be great or flashy , as long as they fits the theme and their kits is powerful .
This will be one of a smaller passive , but still have it's own use ( emergency escape and small CC , as well as knocking enemy over and over for memes )

1. Telekinesis 

Cost : 50

Upon pressing , Abhijñā will grab the target and lift it in front of him with psychic power .
Release the button to throw his victim , and send out a shock wave that damages and knock down nearby enemies when they hit a wall or other enemies.

Stats :

Spoiler

damage: 100 / 125 / 150 / 300 impact🔨 damage ( scale by power strength )
Range of grab :
Range of shock wave :10 / 12 / 13 / 15 meters ( scale by power range )

Explanation :

Spoiler

The classic psychic power.This will serve as his primary CC power . 
Not really strong , just good enough for a small area , since he is not design to CC.

Damage and grab range is pull from Mag's Pull , while shock wave range is from Banshee.

2.Psychic Strike

When holding a primary / secondary / heavy weapon , Abhijñā shoot a energy ball that travel in a straight line , deals damage base on his weapon .

When holding melee weapon , Abhijñā will throw it with psychic power , deal damage base on weapon and proc status base on the highest I/P/S stats .
The weapon returns after hitting target or a wall or reach max distance.

Stats:

Spoiler

Energy ball

damage : 100% ( Scale by power strength )
Radius : 2.5 M ( scale by power range )
Travel distance : 10 M ( scale by power range )

Weapon throw

damage : 200% ( scale by PS )
Throw distance : 10 M ( scale by power range)
proc chance : 100% ( locked )

Explanation:

Spoiler

This is the part that weapon interact with the frame . 
And while Energy ball fixed most gun's problem : multi target , Weapon Throw fixed melee's flow : range ,
Weapon throw also serve as a single target burst.
I hope if possible , the animation of energy ball will have he using his gun to shoot 😄

The stats on Energy ball is pull from Fulmin  , and weapon throw is from Gara's Shattered Lash

Oh I forgot to mention,the energy ball have infinite punch through.

3.Meditate

Cost : 75

Abhijñā stop all his action for a while and focus on him self , grant him energy and shield over time after he finished.

Stats :

Spoiler

Meditate duration : 3 sec ( locked ) 
Buff duration : 25 s ( scale by Duration )
Energy gain : 6 / s ( scale by power efficiency ) 

sheild gain : 15 / s ( locked )

Explanation :

Spoiler

The self-buff part of his kit .
With his theme as a caster , he for sure needs a lot of energy . With this Energy source he won't have to overly rely on outside sources , keep him consistent .
And the Shield part is make sure he have decent survivability.
Also this is inspired by calm mind from Pokemon . Just think it's funny to mention.

Energy gain is 150 ,which mean he will get 75 extra energy .
And shield gain total is 375 , which pull from Mag's polarize .

4.Unleash

Cost : 0

After a short delay , Abhijñā unleash his full power , next power he use will become stronger with a higher energy cost .

Telekinesis
When throwing the victim , Abhijñā also send out a big shock wave in a cone range ,that knock down enemies and paralyzed them for a few second.

Psychic strike : 
Energy ball's range and radius is highly increase.
Weapon throw will fly much faster , while also dealing finisher damage.

Meditate : 
Now can meditate for unlimited amount of time , increasing the effect.

Stats:

Spoiler

Telekinesis :
Extra cost : 100
range : 25 M (scale by power range)

Psychic strike :
Extra cost ; 100
Energy ball
Increased Radius : 4 M (scale by power range )

Increased Travel distance : 40 M ( locked )

Meditate:
Extra cost : 25 / S
Increased energy gain : +1*extra second / S
Increased shield gain :  +5*extra second / S

Explanation:

Spoiler

Looking at his 1 ,2 and 3 , I find out he's a relatively simple frame.So I want a skill that differentiate a normal player and a good one.
 After brainstorming for a good while , this is my answer.
All unleash power is good in their own way , but most of the time will be overkill , unless It's the right condition.This is the skill test part.
A normal player will use this incorrectly , either use it will don't have to , or otherwise.Wasting Energy and precious time ( This ability will have a 1 sec cast time ) .

Maybe one don't need to lock down entire map.
Perhaps there is way more Enemies to deal with.
Maybe you don't need that much shield and energy.
A good player will know when is the correct moment , and make the right choice.

Telekinesis is pull from Rhino's stomp and Grendal's Feast ,since it's similar.
Psychic strikes' new distance is pull from Wisp's Sol Gate , While Radius is about 60% more from original.
Meditate's stats is completely make up , but I made it scale really fast to made up the time cost.

So this is my frame concept.

It's a simple frame that utilize both weapon and power , also have some depth to his kit.

What did you guys think about my idea ?

My only concern is Unleash Meditate will be too strong , but that need some testing to know.

Edited by Bakahung
Little clearly for psychic strike
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Bakahung said:

1. Telekinesis 

Upon pressing , Abhijñā will grab the target and lift it in front of him with psychic power .
Release the button to throw his victim , and send out a shock wave that damages and knock down nearby enemies when they hit a wall or other enemies.

You know, ive been wanting a warframe that grabs and tosses an enemy but the animations i just thought would be atrocious.

This tho, this seems nice! I just got done playing this game called Saints Row 4 with this as an ability. Its rather satisfying tossing an enemy into outter space when youre annoyed. I mean REALLY satisfying lol

2.Psychic Strike

When holding a primary / secondary / heavy weapon , Abhijñā shoot a energy ball that travel in a straight line , deals damage base on his weapon .

When holding melee weapon , Abhijñā will throw it with psychic power , deal damage base on weapon and proc status base on the highest I/P/S stats .
The weapon returns after hitting target or a wall or reach max distance.

If this ability procs all the status effects on the weapon like radiation and cold, this ability would be pure gold in my opinion. 

I would say make it bounce off walls to add to its duration, and kind of angle itself at enemies.

Oooo!!! And make it possible to pick it up with Telekinesis and throw it against something to make the ball explode!

Meditate

Cost : 75

Abhijñā stop all his action for a while and focus on him self , grant him energy and shield over time after he finished.

Whateva ill take it cause i like the other two abilities.

I guess my only suggestion for this would be to make the player mobile and able to use abilities while in this form. Maybe make the ability duration based too.

4.Unleash

Cost : 0

After a short delay , Abhijñā unleash his full power , next power he use will become stronger with a higher energy cost .

Telekinesis
When throwing the victim , Abhijñā also send out a big shock wave in a cone range ,that knock down enemies and paralyzed them for a few second.

Psychic strike : 
Energy ball's range and radius is highly increase.
Weapon throw will fly much faster , while also dealing finisher damage.

Meditate : 
Now can meditate for unlimited amount of time , increasing the effect.

I like this and i dont like it. I think its cool that the abilities get amplified but i dont like it being all the ability does. I would prefer there being more of a psychic advantage like seeing the future. For example, the warframe creates a field where enemies that get caught in it technically dont exist, this is just the future. When you deplete an enemies health in this field, they will be knocked down until the ability ends, then they will die.

However, if a teammate loses all their health while in this field, the enemies that were knocked down will stand back up with half health and the player will be revived with half health.

So what happens is like, if everything went according to plan in this future field, when the ability ends it acts as if you all were teleported to the future where all the enemies you guys killed actually died; however, if one of you died during the ability then the ability acts as if you were carried to some point in time before the player died. Like your death was predicted and you guys are rewriting the future

Crazy idea i know, but idk it could be cool. Doesnt actually mess with time, it just looks like it.

Passive was meh, i neither like it or dislike it.

This is a nice warframe but i would want it to be added as a slight rework to Nyx over being made into a different Warframe.

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII

Thanks for liking my idea 😄

And about weapon throw,my intention is to make it able just straight up kill the target , so additional proc may not be needed.

But it can be change to act like a glaive instead of a single throw.This will make it easier to use while being better.

And don't worry about meditate,you will only be stop for the casting animation,after that you can walk wherever you want with some nice buffs!

And yeah,maybe this idea is way to standard and boring for fan concepts 😂But I do still put a lot of heart in it ,,and will definitely be ready to put in game.

Also about your future sight field,it sounds really cool,but it's a alternate version of phoenix renewal.Maybe some buff is needed here.

The idea itself is super cool,that's for sure.

• Like 1