Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interrupt Weapon Reload With Fire

xsc2

This may belong to the general gameplay feedback, but I thought it about weapons so this is a better place for it.

So the idea: When I still have ammo in the current magazine, and I fire while the weapon is still reloading, interrupt the reloading process and fire the remaining bullets.

Why? I often find myself in a situation when I think it's safe to reload, than suddenly a wild enemy appears and I have to fire, and I think this would be a nice addition. 

I know it's not 'realistic', but the game isn't using magazines like in the real world (not losing bullets when reloading a half-empty magazine) and using a melee attack does interrupt the reload and leaves the half-empty magazine in place. So I don't think this would be out of the world of warframe in terms of gameplay mechanic. 

Don't want it. 

It defeats the whole point of the reload mechanic if you can just cancel at any time.

You have two options: 

a) just be concious of your reloads and don't down 3 enemies then reload while running forward to more. 

or 

b) If you roll you'll cancel the reload and can fire almost instantly. 

This is precisely why I have block bound to my side mouse button.

It lets me cancel reloads whenever I need to, whether that be if I need to resume shooting NOW or if I just want to shave off a fraction of a second from the reloading time.

Edited by Haif

This is precisely why I have block bound to my side mouse button.

It lets me cancel reloads whenever I need to, whether that be if I need to resume shooting NOW or if I just want to shave off a fraction of a second from the reloading time.

Oh, there we go. Block is even faster than rolling.