The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Is Like De's Neglected Child.

lronPatriot

I have a feeling that Volt is the red headed stepchild.

Just a feeling, though.

Very much neglected, I mean, why is Mag's Pull doing 390 armor ignoring damage and you barely touch Shock?

Because having the new Prime being both *useless* and hard to get would just be a tad much.

When Ember Prime comes out I'll be that her abilities get buffed too.

Because having the new Prime being both *useless* and hard to get would just be a tad much.

When Ember Prime comes out I'll be that her abilities get buffed too.

But because no one likes Volt a prime addition will be a long ways away, meaning.... Volt never gets reworked!

Lets start off with his Aura.

v_zps378c5033.jpg

So a V polarity huh?

I would imagine it would use energy siphon...cus you know.

250px-EnergySiphonAura.png

He's the poster boy.

Shock: Well...what can i say about it. Weak damage doesn't work at higher levels. It's cheap though!

Speed: I could start off by saying you nerfed the speed, and it distorts your vision making it harder to land bullets in the heat of battle. 

Electric shield: This is the only skill worth using, even though it was nerfed too. Before all bullets used to deal armor ignore damage, but they removed it GG. Volt is a one trick pony and only has one skill worth using. 

Overload: Well might as well jump into a pile of toxics. Suicide skill, lay there perfectly still as a shooting target.

Yeah, He should have the polarity to use energy siphon, not only because he's even in the image but because DE really needs to make the other auras useful, really, almost every other aura is useless and people avoid them like the plague.

Now regarding the abilities:

Shock is really weak and isnt even useful against corpus on moderate to high level

Speed shouldnt be nerfed since that would defeat the purpose of it and its actually very useful, but there should be an box in options to turn off the effect on activation, a friend of mine has problems with eyesight and it fucks him up everytime I use it. (so I pretty much dont use it around him)

Electric Shield is still pretty useful

Overload is just... weak, very weak, and like you said its a suicide skill, it doesnt even phase high level corpus, it has a good reach but the damage is just sad.

Overall, I just think that his first and ultimate should be buffed, other than that I think he's pretty good. Also, hope when armor 2.0 comes each of the elemental warframes take zero damage or absorb attacks that are of their element.  Though there are little electric attacks this would still be a nice touch... and would be boss to have ember be healed by flamethrower grineers and frost having constant regenerate on frozen maps.

EDIT: oh and yes, it would be a nice touch for him to have the energy syphon aura polarity

Edited by Disrupted

Sorry, wrong. I have used Volt extensivly, and use him as a speedrunner. He is tough, very tough. Shields and armour are on par of Frosts, so he doesn't go down easily

Shock does very well now, stick focus on him and its quite good.

Electric shield, great cover, and provides an awesome amount of extra damage, but difficult to use in conjunction to use with weapons that have flight time (as you'll be used to the flight time so accuracy will be off).

Speed, his best ability. Provides a great escape, and isn't SUPPOSED to be for you to shoot stuff with. Its supposed to make you move faster to avoid enemies, or hack your way through them with melee.

Overload, powerful in a Corpus, Grineer and Void ship. Added with focus and stretch its great, continuity, not so much.

I hate seeing people put Volt down before even bloody trying him, or using many DIFFERENT loadouts on him. He is made to be a fast, responsive frame, dealing lots of attacks from different directions in a short space of time. So, adding speed and stamina mods on him (reflection along with), he is hard to kill, and will deal lots of damage in short times. Couple this with weapons like the Dera, Braton (any gun that shoots fast basicly), and along with a Dagger weapon, and he is one of the fastest killing machines there is.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Shields and ARMOR on par with Frost? Do you know Frost has 150 armor and Volt has 10? And am I supposed to get close to that level 110 Heavy with Speed to "hack away with melee" with 10 armor? Overload powerful in a Corpus ship and Grineer ship AND VOID? Really? Volt can't kill anything on Phobos, Ceres, Saturn, Pluto on outdoor missions, T3 Key Missions, or Eris. Also are you aware he is peddled as an ALTERNATIVE to gameplay? So why are you talking about him needing guns to do any significant damage? Did DE lie to us? Yes, they said a strong, offensive, alternative to gameplay and gave us a weak, useless, steaming pile of BS. Volt even has the record for most mod cards with him on it, so hey, at least he's fabulous.

Edited by Solaurus

But because no one likes Volt a prime addition will be a long ways away, meaning.... Volt never gets reworked!

Armour 2.0 might make elementals much better. who knows. 

He's the same price as Excalibad though so there is that.

(Yes Loki is too, but if you didn't pick Loki to start you are doing it wrong)

I know dude i WANT to love volt but ugh... I used him before bc i wanted to quickly solo 5 waves of eligor (corpus). Shock wouldn't even 1 shot the crewman with focus lol...

But mag's pull breaks the game below 40.

Can't compute xD

This, but Scott thinks Volt would blow up the ******* DE building if Volt was viable after level 30 for anything not Corpus.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Shields and ARMOR on par with Frost? Do you know Frost has 150 armor and Volt has 10? And am I supposed to get close to that level 110 Heavy with Speed to "hack away with melee" with 10 armor? Overload powerful in a Corpus ship and Grineer ship AND VOID? Really? Volt can't kill anything on Phobos, Ceres, Saturn, Pluto on outdoor missions, T3 Key Missions, or Eris. Also are you aware he is peddled as an ALTERNATIVE to gameplay? So why are you talking about him needing guns to do any significant damage? Did DE lie to us? Yes, they said a strong, offensive, alternative to gameplay and gave us a weak, useless, steaming pile of BS. Volt even has the record for most mod cards with him on it, so hey, at least he's fabulous.

Sorry, I do. I've been playing this since open beta started, and used Volt for half of it. His armour IS just as good as Frosts. That i've tested.

Yes you can hack away at a Level 110 melee, its perfectly easy to do.

Volt CAN kill things on T3 keys, as I said, in the VOID! Stick Focus and stretch and there you have it.

Yes DE did lie to us, or they didn't think his powers out correctly. He NEEDS gunplay to make his powers good.

Sorry, I do. I've been playing this since open beta started, and used Volt for half of it. His armour IS just as good as Frosts. That i've tested.

Yes you can hack away at a Level 110 melee, its perfectly easy to do.

Volt CAN kill things on T3 keys, as I said, in the VOID! Stick Focus and stretch and there you have it.

Yes DE did lie to us, or they didn't think his powers out correctly. He NEEDS gunplay to make his powers good.

I'm not sure what exactly you did to think Volt and Frost have comparable armor, but according to the wiki Frost's armor is 15 times greater than Volt's.  So while I'm not calling you a liar, I very much doubt the wiki would have such a spectacular error.  So in the interest of sticking to the facts, care to provide your evidence that Frost and Volt have the same armor?

And I don't know what you're doing with Volt, or what amazing mysterious mod you're using to get results damage-wise, but I can't Shock a L20 Grineer Trooper (with max Focus) and take it out in one shot.  So besides equipping Focus, care to tell me what other measures I'm supposed to take?

Maybe if this thread gets enough momentum we will get Volt Prime and Scott will finally acknowledge his existence.

I think a few months ago they mentioned looking at volt....

That being said DE is REALLLLLLY bad at buffing, well anything, that needs buffing. 

Sorry, wrong. I have used Volt extensivly, and use him as a speedrunner. He is tough, very tough. Shields and armour are on par of Frosts, so he doesn't go down easily

--Frost's armor is 150. Volt? 10.

Shock does very well now, stick focus on him and its quite good.

--Are we playing the same game?

Electric shield, great cover, and provides an awesome amount of extra damage, but difficult to use in conjunction to use with weapons that have flight time (as you'll be used to the flight time so accuracy will be off).

--Since the removal of AI damage it isn't so great. And accuracy won't be off if you understand your weapon is now hitscan. It WILL be off because you can't see through the damn thing.

Speed, his best ability. Provides a great escape, and isn't SUPPOSED to be for you to shoot stuff with. Its supposed to make you move faster to avoid enemies, or hack your way through them with melee.

--Yes, if he was built for melee a la Rhino, with 150 armor. He has 10. No dice.

Overload, powerful in a Corpus, Grineer and Void ship. Added with focus and stretch its great, continuity, not so much.

--HA

I hate seeing people put Volt down before even bloody trying him, or using many DIFFERENT loadouts on him. He is made to be a fast, responsive frame, dealing lots of attacks from different directions in a short space of time. So, adding speed and stamina mods on him (reflection along with), he is hard to kill, and will deal lots of damage in short times. Couple this with weapons like the Dera, Braton (any gun that shoots fast basicly), and along with a Dagger weapon, and he is one of the fastest killing machines there is.

Point one: That is all based off of the gun. As a frame, Volt's killing potential is very low on anything other than low -- mid-low corpus and corrupted.

Point two: Prime, Shoot, GG. Not a lot that is faster, especially if you look at the scale of the killings.

Edited by WondahBoah