Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for shadows of the dead ability.

FallenSizzlor

I love Nekros. I use pretty much every skill he has and in no way think he needs any buffs. I did however have an idea that I wanted to put out there. It would be a more quality of life change and might make the frame more dynamic. Simply put give Nekros the ability to issue orders to the shadows. Something like tapping the ability button marks a target and forces all of the shadows to focus fire that target. The shadows deal decent damage, but it is usually spread out over multiple targets so it has less of an impact. Allowing the player to issue a focus fire order would help Nekros control his damage output and allow him to deal with higher level targets which he struggles with. I also love the mental image of Nekros and his shadows swarming a heavy gunner or bombard. It would also give you better control over who makes the shadow list. Nekros is a frame that commands the dead yet all he can really do is just make undead. I think giving him some limited control over the shadows would be cool and better sell the image of Nekros collector of souls and commander of the dead.

If the ability to tag enemies for focus fire seems a bit too basic you could also add the ability to tag allies, locations and defense objectives and have the shadows defend those targets. Primarily because shadows have a bad habit of wandering off and I think the skill as a whole would benefit from some limited level of control similar to how Khora can control vennari.

• Like 4

there is definitely potential for a button hold for different effect, like vauban and his new bastille/hold for vortex

perhaps tap could be general spread out free fire shadows and hold will have the shadows form up into a phalanx and focus attack onto whatever you're attacking etc

• Like 1