Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Updating Relic/Fissure mechanics......

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

I think I have a really good idea for improving the whole relic system.

Short version is that the game will mirror the relic you bring into a fissure to each squadmate you have.  This will let you join up with randoms, but each of you can be working towards your own prime part reward.  This will massively improve relic/fissures.  

Long version:

If I want a specific rare prime part, the best way to go about getting it is to refine the correct relic to radiant and then find 3 other people who all want the same exact prime part and have refined theirs to radiant also.  Then you do the fissure and everyone collects the reactants and finishes and at the end, 4 rewards are rolled of the same relic with the same refinement, giving you an ok chance at getting the part you want.

The problem with this method is the grouping up part.  New relics have a short period where there is alot of activity from the community in trying to pop them, but after some time passes activity goes way down and your chances of finding a group go down along with it.  Finding 3 other people who want to go after older relics/prime parts is almost non existantt.

So heres my suggestion.  I choose a relic and a refinement.  Lets say Axi A6 RAD.  I could random join an Axi Fissure and lucky me there are 3 other people.  Lets assume 2 of them have completely different relics/refinement levels to me and the third guy has NO relic.  We all do the fissure and everyone gets all the reactant.  At the end of the mission my Axi A6 Rad is mirrored to the other 3 people.  The game treats it like everyone was using my same relic.  The other 2 guys with relics on their side have the same thing happen.  The game treats it like we had 4 copies of the relics they brought.  The third guy who didnt bring a relic doesnt get any relic rewards.

This way people no longer have to find people to run relics with.  Any group of randoms will work.     If only 2-3 people are in squad then you only get 2-3 rolls at the relic you brought.  

This does not change the odds of ANYTHING.  It just removes the massive headache of waiting for people.    This would work for forma, rares,  requiems.   

IMHO, current system is fine as it is. It allows other players, who only have newer relics, to get a reward from your vaulted relic, and vice versa.
I've got most of my vaulted primes that way and shared my own rare or vaulted parts with others. And that kind of luck is more satisfying than constantly getting only parts from relics that you happen to own.

• Like 3

No...

That is not anything close to normal behavior for relics.  People pop relics #1 cuz they want primes.  #2-3 cuz they want forma.  #2-3 ducats.

If its #1 you recruit and all use same relics.

What you describe is just random relic popping.  You dont recruit,  you certainly dont refine and even if u did the peeps your with did not.  Thats just wasting relics.

I can appreciate what your saying about different/older relics, i get that all the time forma farming.   My tweak to relics would change that, you would only pop relics you have.  But you could still trade for relics you dont have... (although if relics were changed to my idea the supply of old relics would start being consumed almost entirely)

I think the vast majority of people would rather have a way to go after specific parts without having to find/recruit 3 other people who want the same thing.