Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Sink: Rush Polarizing With Forma

hyperblaster

This allows using plat to skip having to level the frame/item to 30 before polarzing. Forma will still be required, although this could be bought with platinum. Rushing with plat will still reset the level to unranked. However, this introduces a complication: the game will have to independently keep track of levels for mastery progress.

No interest in this, personally.  Having to level the weapon out before formaing the weapon causes you to have to consider doing it.  Otherwise, it becomes, "Well now I HAVE to pay $10 just to use this weapon decently, before I can even level it!"

However, this introduces a complication: the game will have to independently keep track of levels for mastery progress.

I actually wonder if this is already in play.  Has anyone tried partially leveling a weapon, selling it, and then buying a new one, to see what happens?

I actually wonder if this is already in play.  Has anyone tried partially leveling a weapon, selling it, and then buying a new one, to see what happens?

Yes, i actully have, and as far as i can tell, the first lvls didn't count. ( Tried it on lex , got it to apx. 4 before i sold it and bought it again ) Needs more testing, though. 

Otherwise, it becomes, "Well now I HAVE to pay $10 just to use this weapon decently, before I can even level it!"

It does not change current mechanics, but adds a plat-fueled way to bypass leveling a weapon to 30 over and over again in order to polarize. It does not confer any advantage other than remove grind, which is the ideal way to spend real money in F2P games.

There are people who like a buy a new frame/weapon with plat just after it's released. The same people might like the idea of maxing out the weapon (especially clan weapons without polarity) immediately instead of waiting days.

Platinum is what pays the bills for DE. Anything that allows bypassing grind and time is fair game for spending plat on.

Anything uh ? Interesting...

So, unlock the whole solar system for 10.000 plat ? Fair ?

No need to even play the game any more just spend plat and get it over with ?

Any one who needs plat to do the gaming for him/her isn't a real gamer and should find another way of entertainment, just go watch TV I guess ? Why would any one feel the need to rush through everything like that ? If you're bored with the game just go play something else ...

How will you keep track of your mod capacity at lvl 30 and make sure you don't over polarize for your build?

It's fair to leave that up to the player.

I figure the kind of player using this feature would already know exactly which mods she wants to fit. Requiring extensive polarizing would be more critical for players with highly ranked mods that are difficult to fit with polarizing e.g. maxed serration and split chamber.

Platinum is what pays the bills for DE. Anything that allows bypassing grind and time is fair game for spending plat on.

Not quite was I was getting at. Having a currency "sink" in a game is a product of having an unsustainable internal economy where the currency in use grows without bounds. A sink is trying to bound that growth by forcing the currency to leave the economy, creating a sustainable internal economy.

Platinum is inherently stable since it is based on real-world currency, which is stable (more or less), so there is no need for a sink. Credits, on the other hand, can grow without bounds and we have seen several Credit sinks put in place (Transmutation, Fusion, etc).

To your point of paying to level your weapons...this seems like a really slippery slope. By being able to pay to completely shortcut the core mechanism of this game (leveling equipment). You essentially allow players to buy power (ex. I need the synapse forma'd about 3 times, instead of actually playing the game, I just pay $X and BAM, got it forma'd three times). Paying to avoid a core mechanic of a game is not a good idea for sustainability.

I think it's good idea, but mechanics should be another: you level you gear to 30 then you can use forma, and when you are using forma you should get an option to keep you gear at 30lvl at the price of some plat. This way we wont get situation like this:

Otherwise, it becomes, "Well now I HAVE to pay $10 just to use this weapon decently, before I can even level it!"

It does not change current mechanics, but adds a plat-fueled way to bypass leveling a weapon to 30 over and over again in order to polarize. It does not confer any advantage other than remove grind, which is the ideal way to spend real money in F2P games.

There are people who like a buy a new frame/weapon with plat just after it's released. The same people might like the idea of maxing out the weapon (especially clan weapons without polarity) immediately instead of waiting days.

Want more powerful weapons ? You'll have to earn it. Seems fair to everyone.

Don't wanna grind the BPs for that warframe or weapon you "need" ? Buy it with plats. Fair as well.

Get it ?

There's a difference between having to grind through an RnG based reward system or gaining and earning experience with a certain weapon to make it more potent. There is no grind in using a weapon you enjoy playing with. And if you want to bring that weapon to the next level, you should earn it through experience, not insta-acquisition of a powerful weapon you actually have zero to little mastery for.

No offence, but this is one of the worst ideas I've seen on these forums so far.

And if you want to bring that weapon to the next level, you should earn it through experience, not insta-acquisition of a powerful weapon you actually have zero to little mastery for.

So you value the exclusivity you obtain from having spent dozens of hours leveling a weapon in order to forma the weapon to unlock its maximum potential. And do not want other players to bypass the time spent with platinum. I do see your point.

There is no grind in using a weapon you enjoy playing with. And if you want to bring that weapon to the next level, you should earn it through experience, not insta-acquisition of a powerful weapon you actually have zero to little mastery for.

And players who rush polarizing a weapon might still not know how to use it properly. Then it's not the weapon's fault, but that of a less skilled user. I have no qualms about users spending plat to acquire something early even if they do not know how to use it correctly yet.

My concept is "Wolf Warframe" 

Description:

Health-100 (220 max)

Shields-150 (300 max)

Armor-120 

Speed-3.0

Energy-120 (250 max)

Powers

1.)- Howl: wolf howls at the enemy's causing them to flee in fear for d duration of time

2.)- Hunter: wolf cloaks himself turning completely invisible, while also boosting teams melee damage for a duration of time but sacrificing 30% shields. (duration 20 sec- 40 sec, damage +400 to all weapons)

3.)- Wrath: user slams his arm into the ground causing all enemy's within range to take heavy damage (distance 6.5 meters, damage 400-1000)

4.)- Wolf pack: wolf howl's summoning a pack of energy created wolfs to aid him in battle for a duration of time (1-5 wolf's, each wolf hp 200-400, damage 100-300, duration 1 min-2.5 min.)

And if you don't like those i have more listed below.

Powers cont-

Paw print- user marks locations of all items on radar( 3-5 meters around player)

Alpha wolf- user takes 20% of all damage from all allies and converts it into a blast that damages all enemy's within its radius, if allies have been killed or are currently down it does an extra +300 damage.

Wolf run- user boosts speed for a duration of time to all allies.

Beast- user drops all weapons (sheaths or holsters them) and attack's using hand to hand combat greatly boosting attack and shields for a short amount of time.(20-40 sec)

Thick fur- increases armor and shields to all allies, while also taking away 20% ice damage.(1 min-1.3 min)

Sharpen'd claws- boosts melee attack to all allies for a short time.(10 sec-40 sec)

Growl- increases attack increases drastically but decreases armor for a short time to all teammates.(10-20 sec)

Story: Wolf is a damage dealing fast moving animal, with less strategy to his attacking he has been able to break through grineer bases all through the galaxy and save number's of tenno, with his aggressive nature he is best suited for players looking to deal damage but not take it. Also works best in a team but can play solo using his wolf pack, and beast form for when he wants the quick kill.

i did not draw the picture above nor do i own them, i am just using it as a similar description of what i am implying, until i can use my camera to upload my own drawing's.

please comment and tell me what you think :D