The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Exalted Weapons Can't Block bug

Yunjuwo

For a long time now, ever since the early stages of the melee rework, there's been a bug where you can't block with exalted weapons. Sometimes you could block again, maybe after some time passed if you were lucky, but more often than not, blocking was completely disabled when using Excalibur, Valkyr, Wukong, or Baruuk. After some testing, I got some clues on why this is happening. The trigger for this is (unfortunately) just regularly using your melee weapon for blocking or attacking. The moment you use your melee weapon for anything, you won't be able to block for some time if you switch to your Exalted Blade, Valkyr Talons, Iron Staff, or Desert Wind. Though the good news is that heavy attacks don't seem to trigger the bug for whatever reason. How long exactly you're disabled from blocking with your exalted weapon, seems to depend on the weapon you initially blocked with.

For some examples, I equipped these melee weapons below, blocked some bullets, switched to Exalted Blade, and spammed the block button to see how long it would take until I could block with Exalted Blade again. The results were...

• Karyst: 60s+ (Death does not fix. Only fixed by accessing the arsenal.)
  • Krohkur: 14s
  • Lesion: 4s
  • Nami Skyla Prime: 4s
  • Nikana Prime: 10s
  • Ninkondi Prime: 4s
  • Orvius: 60s+ (Death does not fix. Only fixed by accessing the arsenal.)
  • Pennant: 4s
  • Reaper Prime: 60s+ (Death does not fix. Only fixed by accessing the arsenal.)
  • *These timers do not automatically go down on their own. You must have your exalted weapon in-hand for the timers to decay to be able to block again.*

Note that this bug only happens when you block an actual attack or actually hit an enemy, and not when you simply hold the blocking pose or hit air. Besides the cause, and the different results varying between different weapons, I don't know WHY this happens in the first place. I also don't know why Titania and her Diwata are exempt from this bug. Maybe it's because ever since exalted weapons got their own weapon slot in our loadouts, the game freaks out when a player suddenly uses two diffent melee weapons in quick succession, since that's usually not the norm for most of the warframe cast. And in Titania's case, I'd guess that since Razorwing is a separate "state of being"(i.e. changing from standing to mini-archwing), that resets her in a way that makes it easier for the game to differentiate between the melee weapon she is currently equipped with and her Diwata, which explains why this isn't a problem for her?

Again, I don't know why this happens but seeing as it's been happening for quite some months now, I'm hoping this bug gets noticed/resolved soon.