The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Earth tileset bad performance

SDARNR

So I only played earth after its rework and performance was dipping for several seconds then returning to normal. I avoided it because of this. Now the operation scarlet spear came which is set on earth and fps is still dipping into single digit territory, it's making an event almost unplayable.

Everything else in the game, with the exception of orb vallis and plains of eidolon, runs at a constant 60 fps. I have a gtx 950 and i3 4170 with 8gb of ram. Earth performance is horrible on every version of the nvidia driver, so I'd like to know what is causing such a huge performance disparity between earth and all other tilesets.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the game launcher settings I had to turn off multicore to stop periodic single digit drops, but at the cost of a much lower average fps. I do not know if this will work for you though. But for me that change made it so I only get such a big drop maybe once out of every 10 spear runs. 

On 2020-04-19 at 12:31 PM, LaylaAmbrose said:

I think this issue is down to bad CPU optimization. I upgraded to a 1060 6G and still having the same stutter on Earth tilesets. Has to be something with how the CPU interacts with the game.

I disabled the nvidia overlay and nvidia experience jazz and that fix'd it, for me at least. Might be worth a shot if you haven't tried this.