Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack PC Controller support problems.

Sentinel-14

There seems to be some issues with Controller support on PC, particularly regarding how controllers work with Railjack. For reference, I play with an Xbox controller, so I will use Xbox button names.

1. The Tactical Menu (bound to the L key on keyboard) cannot be accessed with controller while mounted to the pilot stand or gunnery turrets. There is no option to bind it anywhere on the controller customization screen, nor is there any indication given how to activate it.

• on Xbox apparently the player has to hold RB and then hit Left on the D-pad. Doing this on PC does not work while piloting or gunning. It does however work for people just standing on the railjack and while outside in archwing.

• Please fix this so the pilot and gunners can have access to the quick-teleport screen and Tactical Avionics like Fire Supression and Battle Forge.

2. The Pilot Intrinsic tree describes the ability 'Vector Maneuver'. With Keyboard, the player taps the LShift key to Vector Maneuver. When using a controller, the UI says to tap LB, however LB is bound to 'bank left' and there is no alternative to activate the Vector Maneuver.

3. Pilot Intrinsic tree also describes the 'Drift Maneuver' ability, where while Vectoring, holding the Lshift key activates the Drift and releasing launches out of the Drift. On controller, the UI states to hold down Left Stick. This also fails to work, primarily because as stated above the player cannot start a Vector Maneuver with controller.

These issues are not with me, my controller, my computer, or anything of mine. I went out into the Railjack Free Flight node to test this and everything works as stated in the UI when using keyboard and mouse, but the functionality is just not there with the controller. PC players are actively being handicapped, likely without their knowledge, if they choose/need to play with a controller.

Other issues:
Controller LB is bound to 'bank left' while 'bank right' is not bound at all. In theory RB should be used for 'bank right', as it is the natural and instinctive counterpart to LB, but RB is bound as a gatekey to use the tactical avionics: the player must hold RB while hitting A, B or X to use the Tactical Avionics. I'm not sure exactly what to suggest here. Using RB as a gatekey somewhat makes sense but only being able to bank left is just wonky.

I understand the 'simple' solution would be to learn to play on keyboard and mouse as intended. However, if the game is going to offer controller support then it should work properly and provide all the same functionality.

Postscript request:
Please give us the option to toggle sprint with the Warframe, while using Hold to Boost with the Railjack.

I'm constantly running out of boost and it doesn't recharge until I click my left stick again, because I toggle-sprint. I like toggle-sprint for my frame and archwing because they automatically stop sprinting when I shoot, aim, or stop moving. However, I do not want it turned on for my Railjack and I have noticed that the boost meter will continue to deplete even if you're not moving. Furthermore, if toggle-sprint is turned on, the pilot loses the ability to perform Vectors and Drifts, due to how the button press is registered with toggle-sprint on.

Please give us separate toggles for Warframe Sprint, Archwing Sprint, and Railjack Sprint, and automatically stop boosting when no movement keys are being pressed.

• Like 1

+100 to this.

I also play using an Xbox controller and I am running into the exact same problems.  My biggest issue is not being able to boost and jump out of it, so this cases difficulties playing Railjack using a controller.  Especially with Operation Scarlet Spear where maneuverability is important to keep the satellite safe.  

My play style tends to be on a laptop, in bed at night sitting next to my spouse, so using a controller is the best way I can play.

Please DE, can you please fix this?

• 3 weeks later...

Update 27.3.16 fixed the inability to access the tactical menu with controllers. Thank you for getting that. However, the remainder of the issues I outlined above remain unresolved. Vector and Drift Maneuvers are still impossible with a controller, and there is presently no ability to 'bank right' without unbinding another necessary controller button, or putting it in a very counterintuitive position. I believe I can bind it to the Y button on my controller, but that's not intuitive at all, nor easy to reach.

I appreciate the continued fixes but the Maneuvers issue remains a huge problem that you guys really, really needed to fix ages ago.It's a core feature of Railjack that controllers are completely barred from using. Please prioritize this.

Have the same problems. At first, thought that I was doing something wrong, but no, some Railjack actions are impossible to do with the Xbox One controller on PC.

Must add, I gave up using a Xbox 360 controller, months ago, because the D-pad actions stopped working, no amount of re-biding fixed the issue.

P.S. Why do I need to press the 'Boost' (click rigth-stick for me) button again to disable it after it's depleted to start to recharge?

Edited by YoutaMottenai

Hello,

My problem is worse, my controller is a dualshock 4 and I play through steam.

The tactical menu (R1 + leftpad) does not work even if I am standing in the railjack. This also happens with the new function of the onmi (R1 + Rightpad).

This type of problem (with shortcuts) not happen only in the railjack, for example if i tried to access to Emotes menu (downpad + R1) it doesn't work , I have to take the mouse and do a right click.

This problem is very strange, because for normal functions the pad works good (and all the buttons), but if for example If I change the funtion of left and right pad (navegate throught abilities) for another funtion (open map or see progress of mission) it's still working with the default function (abilitys selection).

Do you have any idea about how to solve it? 

Thanks you in advance.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I've recently tried to start the Tempestarii quest and I use the PS4 dualshock 4 controller. So far I've only had the issue with getting to my emote wheel which is Down on the D-pad and then R1 but it doesn't switch to the emote wheel at all have to right click on the mouse which is inconvenient but not that important.

Then the railjack issues. Oh boy where to start. I came out of the cinematic in the quest (when you have to shoot the security nodes.) And my controller support stopped working all together in the pilot seat, analogues weren't moving the railjack at all only thing that worked was the gear wheel. And that was a pain when I had to go and fix my ship with the omni tool because I had to switch to keyboard not knowing how to play with the keyboard because I primarily use my controller for warframe (As I play it on PS4 as well but I wanted to play with my friends on PC so I have two accounts due to this.)

I am however extremely shocked how buggy the controller support is in railjack on PC considering it works so well on PS4 and I'm guessing Xbox as well. The support just seems buggy and it's sad because I can't progress due to this bug.