Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear, personal vision

Uan91

Hello,

today I would like to spend a couple of minutes to write what I find annoying in this event

-players that doesen't know how to "run" as the pilot in railjacks but instantly lock the pilot position, letting destroy the Satellite.

-players who dosen't want to deploy the oplink or they do it only when the Upload status is at 8/9 (no, there is no excuse for this, people stay afk in the RJ and "wake up" once in a while,  but still gets the rewards as everyone else).

A solution for this one could be when the first player deploy the oplink, everyone elses gets deployed aswell.

-rewards in ground are too low, why should I go in ground when you can get only Meso and Lith relics for at least 25 minutes, but in space you get: intrisics, Neo, Meso, Lith relics (in a bigger amount aswell) and a better credit rate?

Overall this is a nice event, where there are many people the has to put effort togheter to achieve a reward, but I feel the problems above make it feel quite bad for a big part of the community. 

-Maybe let them know that they can boost

-NO just strait up no. I might be able to defend all the Oplinks, you might be able to defend all the oplinks but there are inevitably players who need to stagger their deployment to get as far in the mission cycle as possible and just throwing those players under the bus because you want the mission slightly faster is kinda jacked up. Not to mention it opens the door for mission trolling.

-If memory serves you actually get more event points on ground than you do in space for completion, can't really speak to the other rewards but if there is a relic disparity they should probably definitely look into it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Maybe let them know that they can boos

Maybe is what I do every time, maybe this is one of the reason why I'm writing this here. I do it, they just don't listen. 

6 minutes ago, Oreades said:

NO just strait up no. I might be able to defend all the Oplinks, you might be able to defend all the oplinks but there are inevitably players who need to stagger their deployment to get as far in the mission cycle as possible and just throwing those players under the bus because you want the mission slightly faster is kinda jacked up. Not to mention it opens the door for mission trolling.

So what you are saying is no to potential trolling but yes to deliberate, recurrent  afk farming?

7 minutes ago, Oreades said:

-If memory serves you actually get more event points on ground than you do in space for completion, can't really speak to the other rewards but if there is a relic disparity they should probably definitely look into it. 

You get more points per mission, but if I'm able to do 2 space missions in 1 ground time mission, that's better for space mission

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uan91 said:

Maybe is what I do every time, maybe this is one of the reason why I'm writing this here. I do it, they just don't listen. 

I dunno, maybe take your Railjack? All the people I've encountered are fairly reluctant to pilot a railjack that isn't theirs. 

1 hour ago, Uan91 said:

So what you are saying is no to potential trolling but yes to deliberate, recurrent  afk farming?

When the solution to the percieved problem does not address the problem, adds a vector for griefing and screws over a fragment of the playerbase that needs to stagger their OpLinks to reach the last wave..... YES.

I will always take potential deliberate AFK farming to potential deliberate griefing.... that said, riddle me this, how does one player being able to spawn all the players OpLinks do ANYTHING to curb potential afk farming? If anything you've just given them one more reason not to bother looking at their screen and given trolls or people who just don't know any better a way to "LOL U DIED" throw the missions.

All while throwing people who might need to stagger their links to get to the final wave under the bus. 

GG

1 hour ago, Uan91 said:

You get more points per mission, but if I'm able to do 2 space missions in 1 ground time mission, that's better for space mission

Given the radical differences and dependencies on the other missions progress it's really hard to call time. Not sure if it's going to be double but a space team under optimal conditions would probably be able to complete their mission before an optimized ground team. 

Edited by Oreades