The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Glaive mechanics

MrVorTeX6

Glaives  feel very underwhelming in Warframe and is useless to deal with high level enemies, we would like to see more stances and better throwing mechanics for the glaives like we had in darkSector, maybe quadruple damage for timing the throw properly and control over the glaives throw power scaling the damage. Considering that it was the first weapon to be featured with the first tenno : Agent Hayden, it is only fitting that glaives should be powerful enough to kill and slice through even the toughest of enemies. 928150_20090413_screen001.jpg

• Like 3

Agreed. Hopefully glaives get some love of some kind here as their only real use (self damage) for certain Warframes such as Chroma have been removed. But even before this they didn't have much use outside of that and have always been rather underwhelming in terms of use and power.

• Like 1

one of the Categories impacted the most by Melee Mod nerfs and Melee Weapon Stat salad, aye.

fixing the tons of new Bugs plus rethinking them from the ground up to compensate for the indirect nerfs would be nice (and deleting 'dual wielding' in lieu of it being obsolete), but also a fair amount of work into a Melee Category that even when they were good before those two sets of changes, a tiny Percentage of the Playerbase ever used or knew how to use. and so little ROI, unfortunately.

• Like 1

I'm really into the glaives for a very long time.  it's the melee weapon that annoys me the least, unlike more conventional weapons. And I really appreciate the dual-wielding mode.

But I really feel that since the melee rework, this type of weapon has really decreased in power.  Throwned glaives are only useful and viable in high level missions only with a riven mod many times rolled. And a weapon class effective in all its mechanics only with a riven isn't great at all...

I would very much like this weapon to be reworked, to restore it to its former glory. (and also fix all bugs on damage calculations and heavy attack explosions that only work once in five in dual-wielding, please.)

• Like 1

I don't normally like to bump, but...bump for more awareness.

Blast procs used to be able to area CC enemies. Now they don't do that any more. And Slash was nerfed on them. That's on top of all the other downward bumps Melee 3.0 threw on Glaive mechanics. Not that I want the old "12x forever" bug back, but...

As it is, it's notably more useful to use an Exodia Contagion zaw. There's no range limit, it doubles the base stats (according to the Wiki at least), quadruples the damage after 30m, works through Rift, has a larger AoE, and doesn't drain the combo multiplier but can still benefit from it via Blood Rush / Weeping Wounds. Also, the fire rate is, arguably, better on Exodia Contagion.

And for the love of God, DE, don't take that as a note to nerf Exodia Contagion. Many melee weapons get better ROI with just regular spamming. It's to highlight that Glaives are that malnourished.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...