The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

100% CPU Usage on entering and exiting Orbiter resulting in massive lags.

Ivelliosz

I have seen topics and comments mentioning this issue multiple times on a forum, but I still want to point it out in a new topic for a reason of it not being improved for more then half of a year now.

Starting at around Kuva Lich introduction update something went sideways and Orbiter performance dropped extremely hard. With RailJack it gets even worse. I am playing on fairly low spec PC but I dont have real problems runing game on 50-60 fps. Issue is Orbiter itself. I am really far from all this technical things but what I am noticing is MASSIVE loadings everytime I enter Orbiter or leave it to go on a mission. What I experiencing is nonstop stuttering and fps drop down to 5 for at least 10-15 seconds interval, which makes navigating near impossible during that time both on Orbiter (restart mission, change equipment, chosing relic etc.) or at the start of a mission (movement, ability usage, camera rotation (low fps is one thing, but game just eating inputs during that time)).

So now to a list of noticeable things: During lag I have my 2 cores loaded to 100%, both at the same time, and when lag stops fps get back to locked 60 and cpu usage to 60-70%. I dont experience this kind of heavy loading nowhere else in the game, not even on Fortuna or Plains. So what we have must be a loading of assets. What new we have from when it's started and what should be loading: 1) Kuva Lich apperance and it's weapon (Or maybe all of them?) 2) Railjack and stuff in it and around it 3) Forge animations (Which I feel being loaded even if they not being used) 4) Armory mod's animations and Ayatans (Same with Forge) 5) Leverian seems to be preloaded 6) "Hey Kiddo" places and it's model. after Orbiter rework (maybe) ? 7 ?) More cosmetics and Pobbers (duuh)

All of this should be loaded and stored somewhere, and I feel like leaving Orbiter always fully deload all of this aswell. Problem is most of the time those assets cant even be seen during gameplay. I mean if I dont specifically go to Kuva Liches or on RJ missions I dont need to see them presented in Orbiter area.

What I am asking for is to look a little into this problem, because this alone is making game really hard to enjoy. Sorry to bother you with my opinion and complains presented in English Vandal language.

Edited by Ivelliosz
  • Like 1

On 2020-04-12 at 7:11 AM, Ivelliosz said:

what I am noticing is MASSIVE loadings everytime I enter Orbiter or leave it to go on a mission.

During lag I have my 2 cores loaded to 100%, both at the same time, and when lag stops fps get back to locked 60 and cpu usage to 60-70%.

Go to NVidia or AMD Radeon software, Shader cache is on?

Shader cache off is bad, will have high CPU usage from Warframe on all loading screens. With shader cache on, high CPU usage will still happen, but should only happen once on each locations when shader cache is working. Graphics driver update may reset shader cache.

Would be nice if Warframe had an option to pre-cache all shaders before starting up Warframe to minimize FPS drops and speed up loading screens.