Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've Been Holding My Tounge, But The Derelict Is Unplayable...

WeissKreuz

Specifically speaking of the derelict here. My FPS drops at least %25 the entire time I'm in there. My clients lag. The map glitches are endless. I get stuck in the floor, all the time. Not on the main path, but as soon as I stray off, I know, I'm running that risk. I really wanted to run these with people, but, the bugs are just... endless. It starts with clients auto-queueing randomly in the lobby. So it's hard to plan who's taking what key. Once we get in, the GPS has a tendency to take us random places, and my team mates are often not on my radar if more than 200m away. I often find doors with obvious rooms on the other side, that are green, that I can not open. Every puzzle room I've tried has been bugged as well. The parkour room auto-fails, and we can only ever get the first door open. Never missed the 3rd room before this. The new wind tunnel room...... makes me want to die inside. It's a fun concept, but, there is so much crap every where you simply fall through or get stuck on, that the fun is long gone before you ever beat it.

On one hand, I'm glad that attention is being made promote PVE. Conclave ranking was taken from PVE for example. Survival missions were expanded on. (Though for some reason I'm getting tons of rank 0 cores...... again.) On the other, every one knows how poorly the derelict runs most of the time. It's a performance hog. Every run I made felt like a chore. I wish it hadn't. I enjoy exploring, and hunting things down. But it's a drag right now.

Further, it doesn't really expand on gameplay as much as it could. I hate being part of the "RNG with in an RNG' crowd, but, that's what this is. I like that it punishes you for increased reward. Still. I also don't understand why DE hates mobility so much. I don't quite understand Hobbled. There are frames that, frankly, become an utter burden on the team, hobbling around like that. Rhino, Frost, Vauban. There are jumps that they can't make, because of the nature of the jump mechanics. I feel a stamina deduction and a minor speed reduction would make more sense. Just saying.

And the UI changes. Mod stacking. Thank god. All that is much cleaner. But for some reason my lobby is no longer normal. For the derelict, for example, I get the Orokin derelict floating in space, waving all over like it's in a tsunami. Then a massive sidearm of an even more massive player floats by, ultra zoomed.

It's like a war is being waged between fixing bugs, and making new ones. I was so happy to see the gigantic list of fixes associated with 10.3... Then I tried to play it. I wanted to spend the day playing it. I'm going to clean my basement instead.

Performance looks rather "fine" but could look a lot better.
What I am more concerned about is how bad parkour is on these maps since there are so many irregular surfaces and you will almost certainly end up being stuck or not where you intended to go.

The update that revisits parkour, improves it a great deal and makes it fluent... would be better than any other Update no matter what it introduces.

Performance looks rather "fine" but could look a lot better.

What I am more concerned about is how bad parkour is on these maps since there are so many irregular surfaces and you will almost certainly end up being stuck or not where you intended to go.

The update that revisits parkour, improves it a great deal and makes it fluent... would be better than any other Update no matter what it introduces.

Yeah. The actual mechanics for it are frustrating at best. It's just not.. fluid. Assassins Creed ( as much as I can complain about it's story) did have good, ninja like movement. I don't mind having to work hard, and train, and learn to control my frame like that. But so often I either can't wallrun the same spot some one else does for 12 tries, or i go to slide, some how wallrun, and go flying 100 feet clear out into space. These are the mechanics I want to see truely revisited. After armor 2.0 obviously. But it's just as important, for me, to enjoy this game.

Why would you hold your tongue about this? Isn't this the sort of the thing you need to tell DE about so they can add it on their backlog of things to fix?

Well. I wanted to get an overall impression about what this update was going to do. We all *@##$ed and moaned for bug fixes, and they did deliver. They just added a whole heap ton more.

And @Gohae: Yeah I had to lower them must further than any other time I host. Makes no sense.

I don't mind having to work hard, and train, and learn to control my frame like that. But so often I either can't wallrun the same spot some one else does for 12 tries, or i go to slide, some how wallrun, and go flying 100 feet clear out into space.

I agree.  The single biggest flaw in the current parkour system is that wall-run speed, momentum, and distance are all based on sprint speed.  So if you play as Loki, you will go flying all over the place, whereas Rhino won't actually be able to cross some gaps.  There is no way that this should have gone unchanged for this long; it destroys DE's ability to make challenging but fair parkour content because every frame is playing by different rules. 

The other problem, as you mentioned, is that a lot of inputs seem to be ignored or delayed.  I assume this will be harder to fix, because it's probably caused (at least in part) by delay between the server and client. 

Edited by Ganpot

I believe the "problem" is DE trying to balance between selling a game and making a game. With the sony release soon theres a lot of pressure to sell a game that already sells fine, so they talk to the rest of the industry to see how they "sell" their games.

For them features like new mods take priority over features like movement and things you can get right away because they think that taking time to earn something is the only way to add replay value.

Edited by sewens

I worry for the new jungle map if the derelict causes so many FPS problems for myself and others, although I believe the issue for FPS is that each of the vines on the branches of the derelict are textured seperately (correct me if Im wrong). If it were possible to change the textures to match the hitbox of the vines (Effectively making it a giant brown log) it would be so much easier to play in the larger derelict rooms. Otherwise I really love the optimization of the game as a whole. Also I dont have too many parkour issues in the derelict when playing as volt/saryn but I havent tried anybody slower.

Edited by Chrysallismas