Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains Of Harrow

DorkulusDaddum

Just finished the Chains of Harrow quest, and honestly it's some of the best content in the game so far.

The story was good, the missions were spooky, the whole concept was something different to the "Reskinned missions" I'm used to doing in quests.

We need more quests to be like this, not just reskinned missions.

Props to whoever was leading the design of this quest, it was excellent fun.

4 hours ago, Divinehero said:

i hope whoever did the sound design for that quest got a raise

Yes! Following the whispers was very creepy, I had to turn the sound down 😅

And the first time I noticed the shadowy figure in the darkness while jumping through the level I made a sound that I didn't even know was within my vocal range

• 2 weeks later...

I must disagree.  I couldn't make it through the intro recording before I had to exit out.  I really, really hate horror and cannot tolerate it at all.  The higher the production quality, the worse it is.  I read ahead a bit about this quest and about how things sometimes appear in your orbiter afterwords and so on.  I just can't do it.

I like Warframe because it is a fun scifi shooter with a war-drama plot about self-discovery.  But suddenly it has turned sideways on me and become yet another horror story that I can't take.  So, I am sad that they made this a horror story, and this ends my progress on the main plot line.

I expect at some point I will encounter other blockers since I can't do these quests.  I will probably quit playing at that point.  I wonder if anyone else feels bait-and-switched by this like I do.

Devs: Can you please introduce an option to skip the chains of harrow quest, and the subsequent quests that have horror elements?  Also this must suppress the "haunting" effects that happen in the orbiter after the quest is done.  Reading forums I know I am not the only person who would like an option to skip this, on the grounds that the horror is just too much of a game-killer for us.

Thanks.