The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe gives a black screen randomly on GTX970

rage_finland

Here's the story. I upgraded my PC setup from AMD FX-6300 / GTX660 --> AMD FX-8350 / GTX970. On the old setup I could play Warframe without any issues. After changing my older graphics card to GTX970 the screen started to go black randomly. I thought this might be a CPU-bottlenecking issue, so I also upgraded my CPU to the FX-8350. The CPU-upgrade didn't fix the problem with Warframe. I have installed drivers again, tried different settings, DirectX10, verified cache, optimized cache and all that. I really don't understand what's causing the problem. My setup is working just fine with other games and Warframe isn't even taking that much resources. It just randomly crashes and gives a black screen. Only way I can recover from the black screen situation is by pressing the power button on my computer, shutting down and restarting. The game doesn't give me any kind of crash report.. or if it does, I can't see it because the screen is black. I tried to use ProcDump but it didn't give any .dmp-files when the game crashed.

The game is pretty much unplayable now because of this issue. If someone can help me pinpoint the cause of this problem, I'd be grateful.

Here's a link to my setup info

If the black screen is bad enough to require you to restart the entire computer, then it definitely sounds like the video driver is crashing. This can sometimes happen with GPU upgrades. What you might want to do is remove any traces of your old drivers first, then install the latest drivers again. You can do this using DDU (found here). Choose the "Clean and restart" option, then try installing the latest Nvidia GPU drivers again (as of this post, these would be the 445.87 - WHQL).

If you still happen to experience black screens after removing your old drivers, then I recommend sending us a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log. There should be something in the log file that can explain to us what is causing this crash to occur. You can submit a ticket to us here, and you can find your EE.log file here.