Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New rail jack mission idea

(PSN)kyo1978

Fly railjack to capital ship. one or two people board ship.

objective aboard enemy ship: steal data from 'mobile vault.' what makes it mobile is that if the alarm is triggered before it is accessed the data will be internally transmited to a more secure location i.e. a different vault upon the ship. after a brief pause the player will be given a new marker location in which to seek out. three alarm triggers will result in data being dystroyed. each alarm triggering will increase the enemies level. once the vault has been reached and hacked the data in the sever will be uploaded to the rail jack. during the upload process the console must be defended. a ring upon the ground will determine how slow or fast the upload processes. more enemies in the ring means slower upload speed and vice versa.

Objective aboard rail jack : while the ship team is making there way to the vault the rest of the squad must defend the rail jack from fighters and boarders. once the upload is started the rail jack must be placed within reception range in order for the mission to continue. due to the environment the data is received in a jumble. the players must use cipher puzzles at center of ship to receive the data four successful hacks are required for a complete hack.  once upload is complete the player makes it to extraction upon the ship or flux is option. once they return to rail jack ship is given a green dot. pilot fly's towards dot to finish mission.

once upload is complete players aboard enemy ship makes there way to extraction upon the enemy ship or flux is option. once they return to rail jack ship is given a green dot. pilot fly's towards green dot to finish mission.

• Like 2

I don't know mate.

Seems frustrating that some random might fail the data-vault part and not only make it more difficult in terms of adversity but also force me to find the new vault and start again. Things like those are just inviting griefing behaviour.

The same goes for randoms flying the Jack out of range.

There needs to be a fail-save for things like that, or it will just not be played in open sessions.

that particular problem already exist in spy missions. when the guy fails the puzzle and the mission or disruption when someone activates more towers than needed. what about interception when ppl worry about the kill count more than maintaining the towers....regardless I still think its a good 'idea'. 

I like it, a bit too complex, but also quite interesting. With a some streamline it would be a potentially fun mission type. I feel like it should some different rewards and varying ways to do it a perfect outcome, an expected, a daring and salvaged outcomes.

A perfect one could be like never being detected at all, not the Railjacks, Archwings or Warframes. Never happened kind of deal. You get to choose the reward from a pool kinda like Relics sharing.

An expected outcome could be something like, the railjack is detected, but the enemy isn't sure the data got stolen, or can do nothing about it. This should be the norm, probably the fastest, kinda like normal spy

A daring could be the enemy knows you are there, you get the data and manages to destroy it for them in the deepest of levels, but its veery hard.

A salvaged would be a near failure, you didn't get the data, but you managed to destroy everything, and can get some pieces after, this should take the longest.

The real failure state could be to not get anything or destroy anything of significant value.

Hacking mini games, should be more complex than the ones live, but not necessarily harder to solve. Variety would be good.

Also, multiple locations and switches that allow other people to pass in different routes. Like Portal 2 where two players combine efforts as an optional fastest/perfect route. And the Profit taker bounties.

Nothing too complex, so its possible to do solo or with pubs that don't have a lot of experience, but some fun stuff.

Delete railjack, railjack is just the new archwing update.. they just created something that is so different from what warframe is.. a fast paced game, what we like is jumping, running, moving everywhere ! shooting everything ! blowing stuff, with our spells and weapons ! now we just stand in a slow-ass ship, throwing worm hole and missiles, i'm ready to bet my 100k plat that railjack will never be any better than what archwing was(is? :D).. (specially when you see the changes that are coming..)

Once you've your railjack full of MK3, u don't even need a warframe or a weapon.. you just use them to run into a base, hack 1 or 2 things and destroy a core..
Almost everything you get in railjack have no use in any other type of content except railjack itself... what a brilliant idea..

Anyway.. i've nothing against your post or idea, just against DE.. 😄

*Drop the mic'*

Edited by 1st-1

10 hours ago, 1st-1 said:

Delete railjack, railjack is just the new archwing update.. they just created something that is so different from what warframe is.. a fast paced game, what we like is jumping, running, moving everywhere ! shooting everything ! blowing stuff, with our spells and weapons ! now we just stand in a slow-ass ship, throwing worm hole and missiles, i'm ready to bet my 100k plat that railjack will never be any better than what archwing was(is? :D).. (specially when you see the changes that are coming..)

Once you've your railjack full of MK3, u don't even need a warframe or a weapon.. you just use them to run into a base, hack 1 or 2 things and destroy a core..
Almost everything you get in railjack have no use in any other type of content except railjack itself... what a brilliant idea..

Anyway.. i've nothing against your post or idea, just against DE.. 😄

*Drop the mic'*

Basically off-topic from the thread.

Back on-topic...

From what I can make out of kyo's original post is an elaborate spy mission, which I like. I can imagine that a Spy Railjack mission can be implemented with the Satellites from the Murex Raid & three Grineer Galleons- one away team flees the Railjack while those on-board deal with fighters, crewships, and potential boarding parties. I'd say one data vault per Galleon, then perhaps they should actually implement the Tactical screen shown before the Empyrean update where Railjack crew has to receive the data that was hacked. If all that could be implemented for the meantime would be the satellites, I could live with that, but I really do want the crew to be able to act in place of the Lotus and other NPCs for these missions.