Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missions are monotonous and not complex.

Festival69

Should add/change mission objectives. Can either add more stages or make complex objectives. Below are mentions existing once but new can be also added.

In Assassination missions all players just rush to the boss, which can be replaced by adding a exterminate stage for it so players will have to fight their way to the boss.

A Spy mission could use the extra stage with 1 disruption conduit aka destroying last vital data, so it cannot be retrieved, since 3 first countdowns failed.

Survival and Defense missions could use some boss fight at every 5 or 10min. Or random appearance like Kuva Lich arrive.

Rescue mission can include stage with 1 spy terminal before actual going for rescue.

There are plenty of way to make mission less monotonous and more complex. If you would like to make more action. For now most mission are just boring grinding stuff, be it long semi-afk standing that player do or speedrunning for reward.

Maybe it was made intentionally? This way my topic will be an empty talk. But if you plan on making more action changes (as was requested on survey quiz data) this is a good option. It will also make players think more on the build and/or frame to choose for a mission.

Sooner or later the game will have to evolve in this way.

Edited by Festival69
  • Like 1

I agree. Making game modes more engaging should be high priority.

My favourite game modes are Excavation and Disruption, but even those could be made even better.

Hopefully the new corpus tileset and the optional challenge with in it brings something that's actually complex and promotes 'playing well'

I recently made a thread much like this one. If you dont mind I'll link to it. It seems like we share the same ideas

If you dont like me posting that link I will take it down asap - let me know

Fun Game Modes

Edited by Scroll_of_Wisdom

37 minutes ago, Festival69 said:

In Assassination missions all players just rush to the boss, which can be replaced by adding a exterminate stage for it so players will have to fight their way to the boss.

Not really adding complexity to the mission as Void Fissures pretty much simulate this.

A Spy mission could use the extra stage with 1 disruption conduit aka destroying last vital data, so it cannot be retrieved, since 3 first countdowns failed.

Would give the 4th squad member something to do.

Rescue mission can include stage with 1 spy terminal before actual going for rescue.

Same as Assassination. We have something similar to having to do other things before another objective.

I support adding more things in the mission for more engaging gameplay, but the same semi-afk and speedrunning will eventually hit.

Edited by NekroArts