Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to improve reward´s percentages

ESPTITO

I was wondering how can be fixed the frustation of doing the same mission 20 times for a reward without being too generous. Here is my suggestion:

The idea is improving the percentages of what you don´t get (a little) when the reward has already gotten before and decreasing what you have.

Example:

Mission Mercury/Tolstoj (Assassination)

Seer Blueprint Common (38.72%)
Seer Barrel Common (38.72%)
Seer Receiver Uncommon (22.56%)

First run: Blueprint
Second run: Blueprint

Then the other percentage improves.and the Blueprint decreases (numbers are just an example).

Seer Blueprint Common (36.72%)
Seer Barrel Common (39.72%)
Seer Receiver Uncommon (23.56%)

Third run: Barrel

Fourth run: Barrel

Happens the same.

Seer Blueprint Common (35.72%)
Seer Barrel Common (38.72%)
Seer Receiver Uncommon (25.56%)

Fifth run: Receiver

When you get all items the percentages will be reset, and It can start the loop again improving/decreasing percentages. This can be used in enemy drops too.

I hope I have explained well.

Thank you.

Edited by ESPTITO
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ESPTITO said:

I hope I have explained well.

You did but this idea is unlikely to be picked up.

The fact that we have to grind 20, 30 times a mission to get a piece is not an accident. DE isn't going to see your thread and think "whaaat, in seven years we had never thought of this".

It is wanted. It is like that by design. DE wants it to be like this.

You can give them ideas on how to get out of this design choice. If they wanted to change things, they could. It's easy, this idea of yours is trivial and has already been suggested many times.

But you have given DE no reason to want to change their intention. The system, for them, works just fine. Prove them wrong.

• Like 1

hace 14 minutos, Dhrekr dijo:

The fact that we have to grind 20, 30 times a mission to get a piece is not an accident. DE isn't going to see your thread and think "whaaat, in seven years we had never thought of this".

Well, they changed that long time ago. I remember farming banshee´s systems on a capture (7.37%), I did the mission like 50 times and I didn´t get it. Later they did that you always get a reward and increased percentages.

This somehow will relieve some people.

I don´t know If they are going read me but I tried.

Thanks for your answer.

Edited by ESPTITO

3 minutes ago, ESPTITO said:

Well, they changed that long time ago. I remember farming banshee´s systems on a capture (7.37%), I did the mission like 50 times and I didn´t get it. Later they did that you always get a reward and increased percentages.

Of course. That is also, as observation, a banality.

That does nothing to change their mind, though. Saying "you improved the system years ago" does absolutely nothing if their opinion is "the system is good now".

The major problem I see with this is that not every squad member has the same stuff.  If I have 5 barrels but you have 7 blueprints and we team up then what happens to the percentages?  Programming the ability for the reward percentages to change on the fly like that would also likely be more complicated than you think, certainly more complicated than the current system of nothing being required other than a database and random number generator. 
For rewards that you only ever need one of (non-tradeable cosmetics for example) then they could put in a reroll for specific players as I believe that already happens with Ghoul Bounties and their lore fragments if you already have them all at the beginning of the mission.  That might make me more inclined to farm for Shocking Step if I couldn't get duplicates of Freezing Step.  This wouldn't apply to warframes or weapons though as people need to be able to farm multiples if they want.

• Like 1

hace 4 horas, Katinka dijo:

The major problem I see with this is that not every squad member has the same stuff.  If I have 5 barrels but you have 7 blueprints and we team up then what happens to the percentages?  Programming the ability for the reward percentages to change on the fly like that would also likely be more complicated than you think, certainly more complicated than the current system of nothing being required other than a database and random number generator. 

Good point, I didn´t think that, I don´t know why.

hace 4 horas, Katinka dijo:

This wouldn't apply to warframes or weapons though as people need to be able to farm multiples if they want.

Maybe this method would happen just once. When you get all, the percentages would never change.