The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Orokin Derelict Mission Crash (Performance Related)

Ishameal

Since the dragon key update the Orokin Derelict tile set has been a serious permance problem. Which is crazy because it basically ran at 60 frames a second for ours previously. In the past if I hosted missions the game would feel super smooth, and while the people I wqs hosting for might get some lag because of my lame dsl the experience for me would be fantastic.

If I play as a client I can play serveral missions, but ocassionally the game will slow down to a crawl (fps wise).

If I host the game runs sluggishly on this tile set and my video card overheats. (This doesn't happen with normal tile sets, or previous to the update). I cleaned the video card (It was slightly dusty), then disabled many of the graphics settings. I was running radeonpro (for smoother AA), however, I uninstalled that program and installed the newest beta driver. None of those changes has made the problem go away.

I have an i5, windows 7 64bit, and an HD7850 radeon card with the newest beta driver which previouly has been up to the task without any heat issues.

I thought that perhaps the problem was related to the multi threading code, so I turned it off. The game in general has been running more smoothly with that feature disabled (previously it was a net gain), however, the game still crashes if I host orokin derelict missions.

I haven't tried hosting a normal void mission since the patch, but it previously worked fine.

Hey Ishameal,

We have just added a new option to disable runtime tessellation for DirectX 11. There is a good chance that this will alleviate the problems that some of you have been seeing in the Orokin Derelict. If any of you would be willing to enable DirectX 11 again and then disable tessellation via. the in-game Options menu we would really appreciate any and all feedback that you can give.

I am going to post this in many of the threads that mention Derelict performance however please do not mistake this for an automated message. We have been digging through all of your performance posts and we take them very seriously. I am only posting this across the board so that we can get as many eyes on it as possible.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and I hope this change can improve everyone's time with Warframe.