Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid rework (leave suggestions pls)

(PSN)Shaun_Oricle7k

Hydroids passive. Just keep it the same

Hydroids 1. Kind of like his current 2 and an inaros 1 but it doesn't move him and is just a cc wave called tsunami or something that knocks down enemies instead of the blind of inaros

Hydroids 2. Drowns an enemy and tentacles erupt from the ground where the enemy was drowned if they die (you can fire into it like undertow)

Hydroids 3. Just keep it as undertow but give it a big speed buff and you can climb on walls

Hydroids 4. It should be like mesas but its a big cannon and isnt aim-boty like a bramma

Oh please, pretty, pretty please, do not make Hydroid like Mesa in any regard.

Spoiler

Pardon the dismissive tone; there is so much of what I like from his kit that is removed in this suggestion, and a few things I just don't really get either in it's practical or thematic application. Flushing a wave forward is fine, though I always thought tempest barrage should be both more like rain, and/or more like Grapeshot. I could see the wave thing being a Held function of his Tidal Surge. The current function of Tidal Surge is a mix of mobility, invulnerability, and CC/knockdown. Many users have suggested making it more like Wukong's Cloud Walker, but ground based, maintaining it's CC elements, and not ending in a blind. ....How many sideways or upside pools have you seen? Not very water like.. could be neat to be dripping on people from the ceiling, but I do believe gravity should be involved when he becomes a small body of water; that limitation to his stealth is important to give more purpose to specifically stealth frames. What good is a Loki if Hydroid can do it faster with infinite wall cling and invulnerability? As for the Mesa thing.. that frame repels me. I like Hydroid for Needing to be mobile.. I disposed of Mesa for being a stationary turret of mindless DPS. Totally different playstyles there. That, "press 4 and use no effort," style move should be in as few places as possible. While it may work, it sure isn't much for gameplay.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 3