Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RAILJACK: A few ideas...

• Cannon accessed by pilot without leaving the helm. This is annoying, but can be problematic when solo.
  • Extractor dropped on planet once all nodes completed.
  • Unmanned wing turrets being linked to the nose gun for more firepower; manned turret reverts to manual control. (The wing turrets do have unlimited coverage, so this shouldn't be impossible.)
  • Manual refinement is removed from missions and automatically done when heading back to drydock. This will prevent folks from accidentally (or intentionally) refining during a mission, and take out folks ignoring requests to refine prior to returning.
  • Automated forge.
  • Defense/Interception-esque extraction where folks can vote to stay or go.

Thoughts?

Edited by (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk

8 hours ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:
  • Cannon accessed by pilot without leaving the helm. This is annoying, but can be problematic when solo.
  • Extractor dropped on planet once all nodes completed.
  • Unmanned wing turrets being linked to the nose gun for more firepower; manned turret reverts to manual control.
  • Manual refinement is removed from missions and automatically done when heading back to drydock. This will prevent folks from accidentally (or intentionally) refining during a mission, and take out folks ignoring requests to refine prior to returning.
  • Automated forge.

Thoughts?

"Cannon accessed by pilot without leaving the helm. This is annoying, but can be problematic when solo."
"Unmanned wing turrets being linked to the nose gun for more firepower; manned turret reverts to manual control."

you are asking for stationary solo control of 5 weapons?? (heading towards power creep much?)
why not just ask for buffed weapon damage?

"Extractor dropped on planet once all nodes completed"

which extractors are you referring to?
the same useless extractors that takes 6 hours to give at most 12 rare resource with 5% chance??? (5min in a mission may get you that or more)

"Manual refinement is removed from missions and automatically done when heading back to drydock. This will prevent folks from accidentally (or intentionally) refining during a mission, and take out folks ignoring requests to refine prior to returning."

this i can agree on, but may not happen, i will tell you why.
it seems they implemented this feature for people to choose, either refine your resources and get a bonus or use them and lose out on the bonus.
this also explains why they capped it, so you dont get too much at once (people may stack them because they may not be needed).

"Automated forge."

this however, seems to go against what i said above. so, it also may not happen.
=========
i personally hate the forge idea and all the problems it comes with... i dont know if i get my resources from missions, since my summary doesnt show them.
i think the whole thing should be removed, i dont care about the bonus resources, as long as i know everything i get is added to my inventory.

i have put railjack on the back burner because of it, i dont care about intrinsics MR, i may do some missions for NW (since they are almost forcing it), but i have little to no interest in railjack. and the funniest thing is, i havent even finished earth 😄 
it is overloaded with problems that probably wont be resolved for months or years.

Edited by 5p33dy_01

1 hour ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

you are asking for stationary solo control of 5 weapons?? (heading towards power creep much?)
why not just ask for buffed weapon damage?

The cannon has a limited arc, so you gotta usually park the Railjack facing toward a crewship; if solo, you gotta drop off the helm and run back, drop into the cannon turret -- during this, the crewship may have closed or lined up sufficiently to start bombarding you.

As for the firelinking, that's for any unmanned wing turrets to the nose gun. If anyone joins and jumps on one of 'em, it reverts to manual control. 

1 hour ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

which extractors are you referring to?
the same useless extractors that takes 6 hours to give at most 12 rare resource with 5% chance??? (5min in a mission may get you that or more)

The 3h or 8h, your pick.

As for the automated Forge and refinement (in that order), that's if your crew just uses without resupplying. I don't have a mic and didn't have time (to type) on more than a few occasions, so I ended up leaving the helm to go make more dome charges/energy myself...and found the revolite supply pretty depleted.

As for refinement, I've messaged a few crews with enough time to spare to "refine before we leave" the battlefield. But nope, we finish and someone's already warping our asses out of there. Especially with Scarlet Spear, we're dropping oplinks on the second or third Murex when I message the entire squad.

Also, added another one I'd heard elsewhere -- individual extraction if folks want to go but others wish to stay.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

If solo.

and what i said did not refer to solo? "you are asking for stationary solo control of 5 weapons??"

besides, the entire mode is designed for a full squad.

The 3h or 8h, your pick.

either way... they are underpowered.. its pointless even considering adding them with how useless they are.

As for the automated Forge and refinement (in that order), that's if your crew just uses without resupplying. I don't have a mic and didn't have time on more than a few occasions, so I ended up leaving the helm to go make more dome charges/energy...and found the supply of revolite was damn near depleted.

As for refinement, I've messaged a few crews with enough time to spare to "refine before we leave" the battlefield. But nope, we finish and someone's already warping our asses out of there. Especially with Scarlet Spear, we're dropping oplinks on the second or third Murex when I message the entire squad.

yeah.. it all goes down to bad design.

this right here should be reason enough to remove the feature, or at the very least adjust it accordingly.
"This will prevent folks from accidentally (or intentionally) refining during a mission, and take out folks ignoring requests to refine prior to returning."
i have also seen a lot of complaints around that.

Edited by 5p33dy_01

20 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

and what i said did not refer to solo? "you are asking for stationary solo control of 5 weapons??"

Maybe, but only out of necessity as I view it. Especially when you have two wing turrets (with unlimited coverage) available and the implication was that you join a crew, not the crew joins you, which is usually how it goes. (I kinda feel lied to on the matching.)

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Maybe, but only out of necessity as I view it. Especially when you have two wing turrets (with unlimited coverage) available and the implication was that you join a crew, not the crew joins you, which is usually how it goes. (I kinda feel lied to on the matching.)

even if they do actually give you control of those weapons like you want, it will just mean they would buff the enemies because they would be too easy with the current weapons you get.

its just one of those things, its easier to do with a squad, but the design implies everyone in the squad are innocent trust worthy players. which is not true.
this is why they keep releasing broken stuff. if they actually do any testing, its not with strangers or trolls, which they also dont account for when designing it.

Edited by 5p33dy_01