Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rising Tide Feedback (Railjack quest)

GG_Goff

I had a frustrating and unsatisfactory experience with some gameplay in the Rising Tide quest and I want to give some feedback.

I've done two missions so far and they both involved protecting a scanner while it analyzes a railjack component so you can re-fabricate it. The scanner is invulnerable but is has a visible radius and will only progress if the area is free of hostiles. This makes sense in theory but in practice it is almost impossible to keep hostiles away and it feels punishing. I had a relatively capable loadout. I could oneshot enemies with melee or primary. I had bullet jump and sprint mods for mobility. I was never at risk of going down. But the enemies come from 2 or 3 directions incessantly and there is no way to kill them fast enough. This is exacerbated by the fact that the defensive radius contains obstacles so there is no one point at which you can stand and see all points of entry. And all the while you have a bold red alert and Cephelon Cy giving you S#&$. My saving grace was that the progress resumes the instant the circle is clear so I did manage to grab one or two percent intermittently. Mission time was 10m50s. I'm sure you could do this more easily with a party or an enormous AOE weapon or some warframe specific gimic but I think regular quest missions shouldn't require any of these things.

Let me know whether or not this is the kind of feedback you guys are looking for; This is my first time posting.
GG_Goff

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GG_Goff said:

I had a frustrating and unsatisfactory experience with some gameplay in the Rising Tide quest and I want to give some feedback.

I've done two missions so far and they both involved protecting a scanner while it analyzes a railjack component so you can re-fabricate it. The scanner is invulnerable but is has a visible radius and will only progress if the area is free of hostiles. This makes sense in theory but in practice it is almost impossible to keep hostiles away and it feels punishing. I had a relatively capable loadout. I could oneshot enemies with melee or primary. I had bullet jump and sprint mods for mobility. I was never at risk of going down. But the enemies come from 2 or 3 directions incessantly and there is no way to kill them fast enough. This is exacerbated by the fact that the defensive radius contains obstacles so there is no one point at which you can stand and see all points of entry. And all the while you have a bold red alert and Cephelon Cy giving you S#&$. My saving grace was that the progress resumes the instant the circle is clear so I did manage to grab one or two percent intermittently. Mission time was 10m50s. I'm sure you could do this more easily with a party or an enormous AOE weapon or some warframe specific gimic but I think regular quest missions shouldn't require any of these things.

Let me know whether or not this is the kind of feedback you guys are looking for; This is my first time posting.
GG_Goff

its about aoe if you want to do it easily.... honestly, i couldnt be bothered after the first one, i went in full force and bramma'ed them 😄 

the the 6 hour waiting between each repair is what annoyed me from those quests, otherwise, they were ok.

• Like 1