Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Rework Ideas

Connox

So, i randomly had some ideas today on what i would like my favorite Warframe to be capable of.

First ability: Psychic Bolts - Targets a number of enemies with bolts of energy doing a bit of damage. If the enemy is affected by a radiation proc, the enemy will become enraged(same enrage as equinox's rage ability, increasing damage taken and speed of the enemy)

Second ability: PH - Enemies have a chance to become dazed for a very short duration before deciding to give you loot. (Chance at item from enemies droptable)

(Just some random thought for a fun yet useful ability, which fits the theme of mind manipulation; however other ideas for a second ability are welcome)

Third Ability: PH name - Toggle ability with a radius around Nyx - Impair the enemies ability to perceive the tenno and their allies.

Basically a pseudo invisibility. If that is too strong. It can also increase the reaction/response time enemies have until they recognize you as an enemy

Fourth Ability: Chaos - Toggle ability with a radius around Nyx - Enemies entering the range of chaos have a 100% chance to get a radiation proc. Enemies affected by radiation have a chance for m

radiation procs at every tick of Chaos as long as they are in Chaos' range.

Radiation has currently a similar effect to the current chaos ability, with the addition of extra damage for affected enemies against other enemies.

That extra damage can be utilized by Chaos increasing the number of radiation procs as long as enemies are in range.

With these abilies you can toggle the 3rd and 4th ability and enjoy watching as enemies shoot each other while not being able to perceive you. 

However you can also use the 3rd ability alone to enable a more stealth like gameplay or if you just want to run past enemies safely i.e. capture missions.

With the enrage effect on psychic bolts playing into the guarantied radiation procs of Chaos creates a synergy between the abilites and also between the radiation damage increase and the increase in damage taken from the rage effect of psychic bolts.

Honestly though in theory, this toolkit and playstyle sounds pretty good to me and maybe with the new enemy armor scaling this could be viable or at least more viable than before at least in regards to actually killing stuff(or have stuff kill each other)

When it comes to crowd control and utility(with the loot abillity) this is a huge improvement in my opinion.

The current first ability, while fitting into the mind bending theme, is just not useful, and truthfully Revenant just does that better.

I tried thinking of a way to incorporate controling a or multiple enemies but i could not come up with a useful solution so i left that ability out.

The current fourth ability.... i just personally dont like it with or without augment it just does not fit the whole theme of the rest of her kit and the ability itself is also pretty boring in my opinion so i would get rid of it entirely or maybe use it on a new frame where that ability fits better into the concept.

So just some ideas i had today regarding my favorite Nyx.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 2