Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keyboard and mouse controls on console.

Aka the publicity stunt DE half implemented. As of 2 years now i have been asking "why support keyboard and mouse if you wont also support keybindings?". I am getting increasingly sick of DEs total apathy to their console players.

So for those of you who dont know, on xbox and ps4 i know for a fact that warframe is fully playable with keyboard and mouse. You can navigate menus, play through missions, take advantage of the extra buttons and features that those extra buttons make avilable. The problem, is that for no given reason, no keybindings menu for keyboard and mouse is avilable. No ability to set consumable hotkeys, no way to change which buttons on the mouse does what. you are forevermore forced to deal with default controls on keyboard and mouse.

Add to that the fact that there are still some forced controller input uses. You cannot even get past login without pushing a button on controller and despite being able to use keyboard to type in chat, you still have to open the virtual keyboard on ps4 to send it which requires square on the controller.

So why the hell even bother to have keyboard and mouse functionality in a game if you do not fully support it? This has been a issue for too long.

But wait, i have heard this nonsensical behavior exists on PC too. You still have to use the keyboard for certain things when using a controller.

Please DE.. allow a toggle between PC and Console controls on all systems that support both controller and keyboard and mouse. Allow full and nonlimited keybinding support of keyboard and mouse and controller. No more limitations on the controller ability menu, let controller users bind any function to that menu, like item wheel hotkeys. 

Please DE, support your 7 year old game properly.

• Like 6

There is a possibility that it is a game console manufacturer's restriction. I'm not entirely sure on this, but I have heard that when game manufactures make a game for a particular console, the console manufacturer has a say in which keys are for which function, for example, Sony might insist that developers make the X button to be the Cancel function and the O button to be the Accept / Enter button. Game developers simply have to follow their convention otherwise it does not get released on the console. I'm just not sure if this extends to the keyboard and mouse or not.

9 minutes ago, Jemmies said:

There is a possibility that it is a game console manufacturer's restriction. I'm not entirely sure on this, but I have heard that when game manufactures make a game for a particular console, the console manufacturer has a say in which keys are for which function, for example, Sony might insist that developers make the X button to be the Cancel function and the O button to be the Accept / Enter button. Game developers simply have to follow their convention otherwise it does not get released on the console. I'm just not sure if this extends to the keyboard and mouse or not.

Maybe, but there is no evidence to support or contradict that. You can already rebind nearly every function of the controller ingame except for the share and home button on PS4. This includes the option to bind things to the touchpad. You can even change which button pause is on.

On keyboard the share buttons functionality is mirrored by print screen and the PS button is mirrored by pause/break. 

Every other default PC keyboard command is the exact same on console. There is no reason to not be able to change those controls on the fly.

Additionally it is up to the developers to include calls for the virtual keyboard. Therefore the developers can include options to not call it.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

Is not 100% functional tho. We cant pick items from gear wheel, we cant open the chat and type with the keyboard(we need to press square), cant hack corpus consoles and probably more problems that I don't remember.

Is weird that in almost 2 years we have the option to play like this but with no fixes for the above problems... and no custom keybinds and no mouse sensitivity options (we need to change controller sensitivity).

And games like Fortnite and COD MW have custom  keybinds 😧

3 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

The problem, is that for no given reason, no keybindings menu for keyboard and mouse is avilable. No ability to set consumable hotkeys, no way to change which buttons on the mouse does what. you are forevermore forced to deal with default controls on keyboard and mouse.

Add to that the fact that there are still some forced controller input uses. You cannot even get past login without pushing a button on controller and despite being able to use keyboard to type in chat, you still have to open the virtual keyboard on ps4 to send it which requires square on the controller.

Let me see if I got this right, you're saying you can't set a gear item to a custom hotkey? Because last time I played with a keyboard my Archwing launcher was set to K

And to open chat all I gotta do is press T and type whatever I want without opening the virtual keyboard

But I play on xbox, dunno if that's a ps4 problem 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Rylor Threev said:

Let me see if I got this right, you're saying you can't set a gear item to a custom hotkey? Because last time I played with a keyboard my Archwing launcher was set to K

And to open chat all I gotta do is press T and type whatever I want without opening the virtual keyboard

But I play on xbox, dunno if that's a ps4 problem 

Ive not downloaded warframe on my xbox one, so if its true you can change keyboard bindings there then its even more evidence that de is not fullying supporting on ps4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Ive not downloaded warframe on my xbox one, so if its true you can change keyboard bindings there then its even more evidence that de is not fullying supporting on ps4.

yep, just tested it, two things: one, you gotta open the options screen using the mouse, if you use the controller the option Customize Key Bindings won't be there, second, I use a microsoft keyboard and mouse, just to make sure everything will work, to avoid... well these kinda of problems

Too lazy to set up a insert a proper URL image so have a link:

screenshot

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Rylor Threev said:

yep, just tested it, two things: one, you gotta open the options screen using the mouse, if you use the controller the option Customize Key Bindings won't be there, second, I use a microsoft keyboard and mouse, just to make sure everything will work, to avoid... well these kinda of problems

Too lazy to set up a insert a proper URL image so have a link:

screenshot

Ironically i have a microsoft mouse plugged in atm. Old cheap Dynex keyboard.

Tried opening the options menu with they mouse, no luck.

Its likely due to xbox being based on windows. I dont get why those options are not here tho..

• Like 1

• 10 months later...